GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 questions and opinions

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Also, can anyone shed some more light on the hpfp. Are the cam followers the same as stock? I was figuring once ko4 I'd need to be checking every 5k or so. Also was going to replace current follower with ko4 build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robert aoun

Ready to race!
You will need to change your follower every 10k miles as for the hpfp go for the autotech one its the cheapest and as for reliability very reliable

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
DON'T get the Autotech just because other cheap fools have used them. It's poorly engineered and won't stand up to the same use as an APR or IE pump. Don't rebuild the pump yourself, either.

You must not know what DM stands for if you couldn't find their site-- www.drivermotorsport.com

The APR intercooler is very big and very good, but also expensive. There's another intercooler that's supposed to be a little better but I forget the name and it costs even more.

Car(s)
Subaru
freshpots is running autotech without issue, but i would go with the ie pump tbh

i honestly wouldnt run apr k04 tune. id go with anyone over them to be completely honest.... especially with their new v3 tune :lol:

dm would be my first choice, then revo, then giac, then uni, then gonzo, and then eurodyne.... i dont think id go apr again, so yeah

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
Lots of people have run Autotech and KMD "without issue" but the tapered piston is thought to be responsible for eventual failure after several 10K miles even if everything is properly installed in the first place. I wouldn't take that risk to save a couple hundred over a properly engineered pump.

Car(s)
Subaru
Lots of people have run Autotech and KMD "without issue" but the tapered piston is thought to be responsible for eventual failure after several 10K miles even if everything is properly installed in the first place. I wouldn't take that risk to save a couple hundred over a properly engineered pump.

no, its usually a bad pump. if you buy a new or really low mileage pump, and break it in right, it should go good. look on the ms3 forums and youll see that a lot of those guys run the autotech internals (the ms3 hpfp uses the same internals as we do too)

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Autotech is not a bad pump at all. it was engineered by some very smart people. I have personally seen way more Apr pumps fail than Autotech at the shop. Anyone saying one pump is better than the other is flat wrong. Again this is something that has been discussed at nausea here and there is not why the op created the thread.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
I found it flat tire... I knew what it stood for, but when I typed it into my phones browser a totally diff one popped up.

Red5pade, after reading about the f23t... I'm liking that direction. But idk still seems fresh to the market...

It's like when a new medicine first comes out and all the docs prescribe it and it ends up causing heart attacks or penile eruptions (in a bad way)...
So I'm a little leery of new products... I don't wanna be one of the guinea pigs lol

Last edited:
Car(s)
Subaru
I found it flat tire... I knew what it stood for, but when I typed it into my phones browser a totally diff one.

Red5pade, after reading about the f23t... I'm liking that direction. But idk still seems fresh to the market...

It's like when a new medicine first comes out and all the docs prescribe it and it ends up causing heart attacks or penile eruptions (in a bad way)...
So I'm a little leery of new products... I don't wanna be one of the guinea pigs lol

when the f23t first came out, the wga caused a few of us a lot of problems but thats been changed now and things seem to be smoothing out.

if it helps though on dm, bronson use to work for apr. i believe revo started the same way a long time ago. the plus side of going with a f23t over a k04 is support from frankenturbo, but its a little more of a headache on your part and dms part cause tuning is a little harder. k04 you dont get much support for, but a lot of people have them and they know whats up, so theres that, and its easier to tune cause its been out for so long.

between the f23t and k04, its a tough decision, but because i like doug so much, id prolly go with a f23t. tuning, theres really only one choice, and thats dm imho

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
I've been reading up on their website, and now trawling through threads....

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Got a w/m question... Right now I'm just running carbonio, what will I need to change for a wm kit? Get a full intake?

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Well bought TBE... And smoked r tails lol.
As well as boost gauge and all that goes with..
Looking for the hpfp, liking the IE, but they're already back-ordered

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Thinking once TBE and hpfp are installed I may just flash to s2+.. Just for the meantime while I order the IC, plugs, coils, and do the 75k maintenance .. Then it'll be prolly around a month til order new turbo..

Still indecisive over ko4 or f23...

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Welp... I'm on the waiting game and I hate it lol! I want to install TBE already...
So (if anyone cares or is even still reading this) but here's what I ended up with..
APR TBE (sorry re5pade It was too good a deal to pass up lol)
Osir vent pod
Apr boost tap
New south pint boost gauge
Smoke tails and side markers

Can anyone shed some light for me on the PCV stuff? Yes I have read threads on how to do it, I was just curious on the why. And what solution? Block off? Catch can?
Sorry for rambling.. Been stuck on a job for 14 hours so far... And it's still got 6-8 more to go... I've already spent another grand on other toys and exhausted my games,
Music, social media apps...

Btw leaning more towards f23t now...