GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just lost power, car was "bucking". HELP!!

NahbutsGTI

EUROTHRASH
Car(s)
MkV GTI 6spd
Hi guys

Just had an issue on the way to work this morning.
(I have searched the threads, could not find anything quite like this)
Was driving along at low speed(10-20km) in heavy traffic when I decided to change lanes. Changed gears from 1st to 2nd(in manual) and put the foot down(but not to the floor,about half way) and the car started to pitch and buck like a freakin' bronco.
I automatically put the clutch in thinking that I had somehow mistimed the gear(and made the car shudder) like some 16 year old learner driver. This was not the case at all as it happened twice more but not for another 45min. The second and third time were right after each other and I lost idle all together. I came around a 90 degree corner near work(off the throttle) and started to accelerate when the bucking started again. I pulled over straight away and the revs just dropped. I could keep the engine running if I played with the throttle in nuetral. If I backed off the throttle completely the engine just died again. I had to try and start the car again which it had no trouble doing but it did not want to idle. After about 30 seconds engine resumed normal running and I continued on my way to work.

Could this be a fuel pump issue or maybe coil packs?

Any help at all is really appreciated. I searched the threads but I am at a loss. Please help!! Maverick ... ?? Anyone ... ??

NahbutsGTI

EUROTHRASH
Car(s)
MkV GTI 6spd
hmmmm... I'm not sure! I didn't notice it, but i was freaking out a bit so I may have missed it!
Did you find a solution triode12?

NahbutsGTI

EUROTHRASH
Car(s)
MkV GTI 6spd
Just took the car for a quick squirt, all seems OK at the moment but I am not filled with confidence. I reckon it will happen again soon.

spence88mph

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine did the same thing on the weekend, I called my local VW, South Yarra, they said yeah your car is covered for the coil recall, goes in first thing... Just call another VW if they're not responding...

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Coilpacks. Esp if it sounds like a WRX inside the cabin when it is happening.
Does not necessarily trigger a CEL, but VAGCOM/VCDS/dealer tool will show it.

Best not to f%^k around and get the job done at your service place.
It doesn't take long. Had mine done on a Sat in about an hour.