GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Junyan Taillights

Acoustic81

In-Tune
Masterof6thspeed said:
Yeah, they seem like a very reputable company. Report them.

Yea, i'll report them once i get a hold in In-Pro and they can verify that they are a knockoff brand. They still haven't emailed me back, but it's only been one business day so far.

The epoxy seems to have held the bolts on better than expected. I'll give installing them a shot tonight if I have time and i'll post pictures of what they look like - both where they broke and on the car.

Acoustic81

In-Tune
Nothing back from in-pro, but the lights are on the car and are holding up pretty well. It just bothers me that the one side doesn't sit flush.

You can see where it doesn't sit right in the area circled

A view of the other side where it fits just fine

Otherwise, i like the way it looks :thumbsup:

Dr. Woo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
R32 Taillight group buy? Let's do it!

fasterfaster

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
I got the same altezza lights on my golf, just the clear version
I ordered them from Jom Germany off the site.
no problems with them..
You gotta make sure you tighten the two posts at the same time, if you tighten the outer it could crack... you must use the foam type washers they include in the box...
almost didnt myself,.....oops

Acoustic81

In-Tune
Final update: Here's the email I got back this morning from In.Pro...

"Yes, this is correct. Some items are baught by Junyan but we have
our complete know how and technical knowledge in these articles, so far,
that they are german TÜV-approved and e-homologated.

So, these are no fakes but in.pro. products."

There you have it. Case closed.

Wargen023

Autocross Newbie
Acoustic81 said:
Final update: Here's the email I got back this morning from In.Pro...

"Yes, this is correct. Some items are baught by Junyan but we have
our complete know how and technical knowledge in these articles, so far,
that they are german TÜV-approved and e-homologated.

So, these are no fakes but in.pro. products."

There you have it. Case closed.

What an asshole company, i mean arent the seller responsible for warranties? Know how and technical knowledge? If you had to tell them this thing about Junyann, i wouldnt call that know how...

Anyway i must say they look REAL good, ive been thinking about the R32´s but now i believe some tail lights with your look is the way to go. :thumbup:

Did anyone order from TM? those looks pretty much the same

feuerdog

Touring Car Newbie
Just a couple of notes:

1. The taillights that I ordered from TMTuning were like the ones on Acoustic's car,.....but I didn't get that style. I'm not happy with TMTuning about that, but i'll deal.

2. Stay away from "Strictly Plastic" or whatever you want to call them, ....they are overpriced and, well, few people like dealing with them.

3. The fitment of the tails can be a bit shifty at times, I had to shim mine a few different ways to get them to sit flush. These aftermarket molds don't seem to just drop into place of the factory tails.

feuerdog

Touring Car Newbie
stangg172006 said:
sorry to hear it, but changing ur tail lights to anything thats not somewhat stock is rice imo

Wow, thanks for your input. I have now seen the eror in my ways. I will now go and remove my taillights immediately.

logismoi

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Acosutic81

I was told that the BLACKOUT Tail LIghts from tm tuning need to be "tweaked" in the wirinf in order to work....

TM said:

"Yes any Mk5 Golf taillights require slight wire change to get full euro function out of them. It is very similiar to the Jetta Mk5 wire change modification which is very simple. There is no harness required."

You have the DIY info for the tail light install handy ?

Thanks!