GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

issues with service/dealer

VdaWg

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I don't trust em anymore, i was blamed for driver side door misalignment, they said i broke into it with a "slim jim" as written on their work order not true and they made me pay for it,(but fought for it made a scene), vw did not do me right at all even from the start, car wasn't pdi'd when i went to pick it up, radio was locked, power moon roof light switch light was non lighting properly, later found out that a module was missing from it. I argued with the service manager, the sales manager...i even wanted to return the car because i was disgusted with the sleazy service people, my supposed service advisor was actually asking for money under the table to have the door properly aligned, i did not pay but they fixed the door as best as possible...i could not believe it when the damn guy actually was asking for money and that was 17 days after i got the car(bought car april 25) now everytime i go i have to be a hard ass, and i'm bringin a voice recorder with me from now on and a digital camera, i've lost complete trust and unfortunately i have to go to these guys to get service. Anybody had stories similar to this?

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
go to another dealership for service. where in new york are you?

VdaWg

queens, i bought my car at koeppel and had some service done there as well, i heard bayside vw is the same thing. Anyways, at least we some protection with the lemon law, 18,000 miles or two years we are covered, if a problem cannot be resolved within 4-5 attempts something like that you have the choice to get your money back or get the same car that is comparable mileage wise.

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
For the Lemon Law just make sure you keep notes on everything... dates, people you talked to and worked on the car, just any and every detail...

sorry to hear about the stealer treatying you that way.

bilbos

On the Kop
That sounds like some very unprofessional and dubious actions on the part of the dealer. I would report them to VWoA. They shouldn't be allowed to treat customers like that.:mad:

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
i bought my 01 jetta from bayside, and i was not happy with there service department.

Go to Garden City VW. it might be a hike, but they are really good over there. i need my transmission replaced, Bayside had my car for a month and wouldn't do anything. i towed the car to GC - one week later, new tranny. no questions, no problems. ever since then, all smiles, very easy to work with.

VdaWg

I did report them to vwoa but i think the customer help thing is there for psychological reasons, they're just there to listen to you but in the end they tell you that they really can't do anything. I did receive a call for the purchase follow up where you are asked to rate buying/service experience i gave em low on everythying and told em everything that happened, one of the dealers told me during the purchase when you get that phone call to give em a 5 cuz that's how they get paid. I'm going to try other service dept, it's just this one is like 10 min away from me. The car itself is great, handling,power, the feel of the road, i love it, it's just i went through all that pain just to get it, was it worth it? To be honest Yes, i just wish there was another way to get it without having to go through a dealer.

MachSchnell

Rally Car Champion
I bought a Mk3 Jetta from Bayside, it was an all-around lousy experience. From the drug-addled saleman to the idifferent, crappy, rude serivice department. I don't have a single good thing to say about them.

VdaWg

that's probably what i'm going to have to do everytime i go, if i do have to go to this particular dealer. The service manager gave me the cash back (which wasn't that much but it was the principle you know) only when i started to get loud and talking about lemon laws while other customers were going in and out. I swear i was gonna slap some people in there. But i kept my cool. You gotta be on your toes everytime you go to theses guys, if something happens and if they feel they don't want to fess up, they'll just blame you.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
mic's are a bit drastic, don't you think? i dunno. But you gotta do what you gotta do. I hope you solve everything & i hope GC treats you as good as they did me and my gf.

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Sorry to hear that. All I can say about it is that it's hard to find good people to work in the car business period. I doubt any of you would want to listen to people saying you're a ripoff and you're out to get me every single day. Luckily, I have a good understanding of how many people think, but I do treat people properly as long as they do the same with me.
Again, that really sucks how that went down.

VdaWg

Yeah it is a bit drastic, but if they're going to actually put on a work order, typed out in their computers that i did it and then tell me i have to pay for it noway, plus that service advisor was like" let's just keep this convo to ourselves about money under the table, i could go to jail for this", i have a feeling that my car door was already misaligned it's just i never noticed it, when i enter a car i usually duck my head to get in so i was always missing it, until i was cleaning the car that's when i spotted it. But anyways everything has been remedied, just some rattles and little noises here and there. I just don't want to have a big problem and blame it all on me, i was so sick and tired of the whole ordeal it was like 2 weeks staright of visiting the dealer everyday. Oh well, if there are ever desperate times there will be desperate measures.:thumbup:

MMD

Oval Champion
VdaWg said:
I don't trust em anymore, i was blamed for driver side door misalignment, they said i broke into it with a "slim jim" as written on their work order not true and they made me pay for it,(but fought for it made a scene), vw did not do me right at all even from the start, car wasn't pdi'd when i went to pick it up, radio was locked, power moon roof light switch light was non lighting properly, later found out that a module was missing from it. I argued with the service manager, the sales manager...i even wanted to return the car because i was disgusted with the sleazy service people, my supposed service advisor was actually asking for money under the table to have the door properly aligned, i did not pay but they fixed the door as best as possible...i could not believe it when the damn guy actually was asking for money and that was 17 days after i got the car(bought car april 25) now everytime i go i have to be a hard ass, and i'm bringin a voice recorder with me from now on and a digital camera, i've lost complete trust and unfortunately i have to go to these guys to get service. Anybody had stories similar to this?

it seems both of us have the same story and suffering from the first day i got my GTI i always hear like crackle sound from the gear box , immediatly i reported this to the dealer and they told me just finish your first mile and we gonna check it out . while i'm finishing my first mile i heard air leak "noise" from the front passengers' doors i reported this also and they told me we gonna realign the doors. now my GTI passed 2500 miles since 16/April/2006 and they couldn't do anything about those two problems. during this period i put my car in the workshop twice each time for 3-4 days and in last time the supervisor told me this is the best we can do " in other words don't bring your car again cause of these problems" i had feeling that they don't do anything about my cars' problems ..
after two days i went again to the workshop to readjust my beams guess what happened they convert the beams to fog lights the beams range became 5-7 meter i couldn't see the car front of me.
i was very angry and that's enough i can take no more, at this night i couldn't sleep because of this shit that they did.
next day in the morning i went to the workshop and made a big fight with supervisor and told him that u have the worst techniciens in the world and u r a junk company and can't do anything right or fix anything what u can do is just replacing stuff and lablablab.....

and up to this moment nothing happened about my cars' problems

for those who says go to another dealer, we just have one dealer here.....

sorry 4 my bad language :redface:

Last edited: