GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is20 wastegate

ACE2

Ready to race!
Going to transfer my wastegate off my is20 to my new vortex xl. I know it will work out but has anyone tried not installing dp and calibrating by holding the waste gate closed? I really don’t wanna have to adjust it with engine on and pipe heating up while I’m doing it lol so looking for any other possible options since car has to be on and idling to adjust this actuator

ACE2

Ready to race!
I never had to try this before but all the research I’ve been doing says that the is20 wastegate stays open until idle (I think it was) so the only way to calibrate/adjust it was to have engine on(?) I know the is38 ones you can just install and twist it until it hits the right numbers. Pls let me know if you have a source or a link to the is20 not being like this cuz I’d definitely appreciate it for making my life easier lol

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

ACE2

Ready to race!
I’m going to have to try this then, I appreciate the feedback man!
IS20 Cooper WG, original off my 2015 G rev IS20.

Turned to accessory on, logged WG voltage:

https://datazap.me/u/diggs24/wg-test-no-start?log=0&data=19-97

Started car, then killed motor:

https://datazap.me/u/diggs24/wg-test-start?log=0&data=19-97

Car has kessy so killing motor had to get back into accessory mode so I could log data. Logger on then turned off accessory mode but kept logging:

https://datazap.me/u/diggs24/wg-test-no-start-2?log=0&data=19-97

Looks like it works!

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
I never had to try this before but all the research I’ve been doing says that the is20 wastegate stays open until idle (I think it was) so the only way to calibrate/adjust it was to have engine on(?) I know the is38 ones you can just install and twist it until it hits the right numbers. Pls let me know if you have a source or a link to the is20 not being like this cuz I’d definitely appreciate it for making my life easier lol
Did you look at the link to my thread? Yes IS20s are not as easy as IS38, no you do not need to burn the shit out of yourself adjusting it.

ACE2

Ready to race!
Good stuff man! Sorry I don’t get on her much and didn’t even realize there was a link lol but I like the post and very informative for dumb people like me lol I appreciate you taking the time and posting that with pics
Did you look at the link to my thread? Yes IS20s are not as easy as IS38, no you do not need to burn the shit out of yourself adjusting it.

tigeo

Autocross Champion

ACE2

Ready to race!
Well good news lol I remember diggs on another post told someone 8-10 threads for their turbo setup and I said f it and did the same to guess. Well the my wg is sitting at 3.7 from that lol and adaptation worked. Damn lucky guess or everyone should follow that advice*

Last edited: