GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Introductions thread (Part 2)

joesmkv

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been lurking these forums for too long, so it's time for an intro.

I've been slowly building up my 2009 MKV GTI, which came with the TSI motor, and the dreaded ABS issues. It has the full APR suite with a K04 turbo, and on 100 octane will do 300 at the wheels. It has the full Osir kit, which has stupid low side skirts. Kit came on the car, but I do like how I have never seen another one with the same kit on it in person. Kind of unique. It also has a welded in half cage, painted white. Sparco seats have been swapped in, and it has a no name short shifter. H&R coil overs, with all of the 034/whiteline bushings possible.
While at the track I run trofeo R's, and daily drive on OZ Ultraleggera and conti DW extremes.

Trying to see how many events I can make it to this year, so far I've seen 4 days on the track so far.

https://youtu.be/J-4fzLwOxDE

https://youtu.be/TNgRmlFCVmk

Last edited:

Bradh

Car(s)
Mk5 golf gti
Brad another uk member with a black golf gti having a few oil pump balance shaft issues at the moment so looking for help he he

numbah

I've also been a frequent lurker since buying and fixing up a 2007 GTI for my fiancee. I've enjoyed working on the car. There's still much to learn, and I am excited to join the community.

mister0wl

Hi, there.

My name is Max, I'm 21, and I'm looking into buying a MKV Golf/ Rabbit. Been looking at pictures of builds on this forum since junior year of HS ;D

00Sixty7

Hey guys, another long time lurker here. I've been a GTI owner for more than 4 years now and have loved every minute of it. Figured it's finally time I dropped in here since I'm finally in a financial position to make some more substantial progress on the car.

I drive a 2009 2dr 6spd GTI in United Gray, bought her used with only 30k miles and since then I've got it up to 85k without her ever leaving me stranded (knock on wood) save for the clutch taking a dump at 40k and the original battery finally giving out sometime last year, so needless to say every mile has been fun and I'm looking forward to more.

Tuning-wise, I've done some fairly minor work already and the previous owner did a little too--I bought it with H&R competition lowering springs and ASA AR1 wheels and I've installed a BSH Race Intake, Forge short shifter, and a Eurosport catback as well as replaced the carbon-clogged and broken intake manifold with a new OEM unit from Deutche Auto Parts...APR Stage 1 coming soon and eventual plans for 300+ horsepower are in the works. I'm also currently running Hankook RS-3s which I'm in love with and they keep her stuck to the ground like glue.

Looking forward to being a part of the community and contributing to the forum!

Attachments

• gpHs35r.jpg
    gpHs35r.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 222

Mindzor

Car(s)
Golf 5 GTI
Hi,
My name is Antonijo i'm from Croatia. I'm 22 and work part time as mechanic.
My first car was Seat Ibiza 1.4 with mighty 86HP. My dad bought his Mk 5 GTI 10 years ago and he decided to give that car to me so now I own GTI.

I joined this forum to learn about cars and to share my experiences with you.
Cheers :)

Kitasaku

What's up fellas
I'm happy to be apart of the community.
I just purchased a 08 GTI 130k miles. I'm looking to take it straight to stage 2 starting with the downpipe. If anyone can help me move in the right direction with this I'd greaty appreciate it.

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Are you TSI or FSI? If you are FSI check/replace the cam-follower. TSI doesn't have the same issues, so you're good there. Beyond that, you will probably want an intake for stage 2....most all the tuners have an intake/downpipe listed as mandatory supporting mods for stage 2. Also, I would consider replacing plugs/coilpacks. Make sure your maintenance is all up to date before you consider the reflash.

asadorra

Hello,
Just bought a 2008 GTI two door 6-speed at 95,000 miles, for $ 6,800, it has a stage 1 APR tune on it with a BSH air intake and bsh oil catch can. There is also a forge diverter valve where the hood is & im not sure why when the car comes with one? They blocked off then other one with a flat plug, but it made oil go into the wires. I just did a timing belt and water pump on it along with pullies, since the owner had not done it. Also, the original owner had a navigation system in the car. It was updated last in 2008 so it was not accurate at all, so I took it out and put the stock radio back in since it was givin to me at time of purchase, but they have everything wired in an extremely ghetto way, and theres a non stock amp, because of this I currently have no sound system because I have to reconnect wires for to work. Other than that I love the car, I was previously driving an 07 Rabbit & love how this car drives way more than the rabbit did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baynehh

New to the game.
Car(s)
2009 GTI
Hey everyone! I'm a month in on a 2009 GTI @70k miles. Getting into a few of the smaller and more affordable mods - if anyone knows someone in Houston with Vagcom access please point me in there direction.

Rabbitfanatic

Car(s)
2009 Rabbit
Hi I'm Cody. I have been obsessed with the rabbit ever since I saw an 84 during my first year of college back when I was 18. When I was 19 I bought the closest one I could find which was sadly a gti but it was an 87 so I was close. Then a friend blew my motor so I had to stopgap to a 400$ Jetta until I got my hands on the late 2009 model Rabbit. (Aka Lola) Which i will never sell even when I finally do get my hands on the 84. Rabbit lover for life!