GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intake ... Does it worth to pay ?

waka waka

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK5 R32 2009
Guys ...
I'm not here to ask what is the best intake..

i want to hear your experience with your intakes regarding HP gains that you felt ,,,

Does it worth to pay $$$ ?

Did you felt any difference?

Note : I'm talking about stock car modification , not stage 1,2,3 issues .

cskm

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
with my 2.0T, i felt better throttle response when im rev matching to a lower gear. the car didn't feel faster, just louder.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
R32 forum man; he's talking about R32s :wink:

OP: Generally there are little to no noticeable gains from intakes. You may feel a little better throttle response (I did) but that's likely it.

Stock intake already flows well enough for the car's needs; the only thing aftermarket ones really do is change the sound.

10Ten

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R32
agree with Saab.

no sig gains at all as you probably know. i'm gonna say that the throttle response change is much less than you even get from installing a freer flowing CBE. so, not a lot of improvement with throttle response either.

but the sound makes it worth it for many. i have a modshack intake and it sounds plain awesome. would do again. but not if money was tight... in that case i'd be looking at a drop in filter for your OEM intake.

MoB$TER

streetracing newbie
I installed my exhaust and intake and noticed minimal to no gains at all. The sound made my car feel faster. However after the tune, things started to change. Car now feels a lot faster. So if you plan on tuning alongside an exhaust yes, it is worth the money. Your car won't be super fast, but definetly better in terms of overall drivability. All intake are the same too!

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Stock and with no modifications.
Money vs appreciable gains... not worth it! Spend money elsewhere.

Best bet if you do go this route... please ensure the Cold Air Intake is in its own box and that it does NOT draw air in from the HOT engine compartment! Best bit of advice I can give you!

كان يوما عظيما

BlueAHR32

Autocross Champion
Guys ...
I'm not here to ask what is the best intake..

i want to hear your experience with your intakes regarding HP gains that you felt ,,,

Does it worth to pay $$$ ?

Did you felt any difference?

Note : I'm talking about stock car modification , not stage 1,2,3 issues .

Not here to ask what the best intake is....but you just did.... WTF? Good job moron.

gottaluvvw

Ready to race!
i bought my R32 new and had the stock intake for a few thousand miles...i then installed a VF intake and did notice the sound improvement and i wasn't sure if i noticed any power increases...

then i wanted to try the evoms intake as i thought it made the engine bay look better...so i sold the vf intake and before i had the evoms intake i put the stock box back in...and WOW! did i notice the difference in sound BUT also in throttle response (and maybe perceived speed)!

then, when i installed the evoms intake the R's sound and throttle response was back! (to normal? since i was so used to the vf intake)

would i drive the R without a CAI, no...i'm just too spoiled by the sound and throttle response to go back to stock...

i also have blueflame's 2.75" exhaust, APR 93 and GIAC DSG tune

moluu1

I have Miltek catback Exhaust system on my R32...honetly, no power gain noticeable. But attention gain when u REV = A lot

BlueAHR32

Autocross Champion
Blueahr :
If you dont like such threads , find for your fingers something good.

I don't like these threads because all they do is clutter the forum. There are 23454325 threads on which intake is the best for the R32, and adding one more to it (yours) just makes it worse. How you may ask? Well when someone like yourself does actually search for information about R32 intakes, they get a million different threads to look at. So what do they do? They just choose to post a brand new thread asking the same question that has been asked a million times before.