GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Installing FEC/SWaP code to MIB with OBDeleven

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant

What is FEC/SWaP code?​

• Feature Enabling Code / SoftWare As a Product - mechanism to pack units with features and sell activation codes later on.
  • In MIB this controls App-Connect (CarPlay, AndroidAuto, MirrorLink), Performance Monitor, Voice Control, navigation region, and few other things.
  • Code is generated by VW server, contains VIN, VCRN, feature code, creation time and date, digital signature.
  • Code will not work on a different vehicle than it was created for (unless main unit is patched).

Requirements​

• OBDeleven with PRO license
  • FEC/SWaP code that you want to install.

Why I need/want to do it?​

• If you want Performance Monitor and VW is not selling activation code for it.
  • If you want AndroidAuto in Porsche (Porsche will not enable it, even if you pay).
  • If you swap from MIB1 to MIB2.
  • If you move to another region and want your maps to work.
  • Entry level car is not equipped with CarPlay/AndroidAuto.

Additional info​

• Will not work with VCDS (it can not change service to EOL).
  • Good to have developer mode enabled first to access full service menu.
  • Installing unsupported codes will not enable features.
  • Installing self-generated codes in stock unit will not enable features. You need patch the system first. Otherwise codes will be marked as invalid.

How to?​

1. 5F → Change Service → End of assembly line mode (EOL)
  2. 5F → Security Access → 20103
  3. 5F → Adaptation → Transfer of release code for a SWaP function → paste in code → write
  4. 5F → Basic Settings → Release of SWaP function → slide to start → slide to end
  5. Check in service menu if code was installed.

Last edited:

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
So No need To use ODIS With Online connection? this seems too good to be true, what's the catch

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
So No need To use ODIS With Online connection? this seems too good to be true, what's the catch
This is good for patched units (or to reupload SWaP code that you have backed up from the unit first).
If you buy the activation document from VW, you are actually buying a one-time-use token which is required by ODIS to ask VW servers for the actual FEC/SWaP code that's uploaded to the car.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
How do I know if my MIB2 unit is "hacked"? I paid someone to activate the MIB2 unit two years ago when I upgraded from the standard 6.5-inch head unit the vehicle came with. If I post my part numbers/software version will that tell me if it is hacked? Is there something in the green engineering screen that indicates this? I want to enable my ACC as my car has the radar and I have the necessary steering wheel buttons ready to install.

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
ACC has nothing to do with MIB. ACC is FEC/SWaP protected but the code is installed in module 0x19 instead of 0x5F.

Dcjarne

Car(s)
Mk7.5 gti
Can we install FEC/SWAP codes for driving profiles? I need to install that but i cant find it how with a obdeleven

Dan84

Ready to race!

What is FEC/SWaP code?​

• Feature Enabling Code / SoftWare As a Product - mechanism to pack units with features and sell activation codes later on.
  • In MIB this controls App-Connect (CarPlay, AndroidAuto, MirrorLink), Performance Monitor, Voice Control, navigation region, and few other things.
  • Code is generated by VW server, contains VIN, VCRN, feature code, creation time and date, digital signature.
  • Code will not work on a different vehicle than it was created for (unless main unit is patched).

Requirements​

• OBDeleven with PRO license
  • FEC/SWaP code that you want to install.

Why I need/want to do it?​

• If you want Performance Monitor and VW is not selling activation code for it.
  • If you want AndroidAuto in Porsche (Porsche will not enable it, even if you pay).
  • If you swap from MIB1 to MIB2.
  • If you move to another region and want your maps to work.
  • Entry level car is not equipped with CarPlay/AndroidAuto.

Additional info​

• Will not work with VCDS (it can not change service to EOL).
  • Good to have developer mode enabled first to access full service menu.
  • Installing unsupported codes will not enable features.
  • Installing self-generated codes in stock unit will not enable features. You need patch the system first. Otherwise codes will be marked as invalid.

How to?​

1. 5F → Change Service → End of assembly line mode (EOL)
  2. 5F → Security Access → 20103
  3. 5F → Adaptation → Transfer of release code for a SWaP function → paste in code → write
  4. 5F → Basic Settings → Release of SWaP function → slide to start → slide to end
  5. Check in service menu if code was installed.
Hi

How do you find or generate the VCRN? Kindly assist