GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Installed Carbonio Intake Today.

Icranon

Sold my GTI 4 Mustang
Car(s)
08 Mustang gt/cs
i think that the carbonio is a waste of money. It looks like the same intake to me as stock expect for the little piece in the front. I have the one for neuspeed and it sounds really good. Espechially now that i have broke it in, it sounds louder and better than before. also turbo is cool to listen to

coolme187

Touring Car Champion
did u have to call apr to get it? its not listed on their website

frank2287

Touring Car Newbie
yes you have to call APR to order the intake and they should tell you that it will take you about 2 months bc of back order

CopperAddict

Autocross Newbie
frank2287 said:
i wish this guy would talk!!

Sorry, been out for a while.

Anyways, oddly enough I might have picked up some MPG with the intake at least on the 1st full tank after putting it on.

Smoother acceleration as well I think.

It's a beautiful piece of CF, but I admit it's not for everyone.

Pete

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
Why did you have to take the intake box apart to put in the new filter? I know you have to lift it off and yes, those damn tabs after the MAF are a pain. I broke one too, but I have dismantled mine and posted the pics....all without touching the filter? Dose this intake somehow block off the factory air box resanator?

carbonio comes with a new filter...supposedly has better airflow. that is why he had to take apart the stock intake, Carbonio is basically a drop-in filter with a fancy CF Intake SCOOP...other than looks, it basically does the same thing as a drop-in filter, but for $200 more.

nintendodude

Banned
Car(s)
Jetta
I am not fond of the carbonio intake, but whatever. as for the winter/snow causing havok on a traditional SRI - I call bologna on you. I live in MN and expect to have no problems with my VF intake. the filter would have to be completely submerged in water and sucking hard for a few seconds to get any water in.

I think people just buy these things because they are so easy to install compared to all the other intakes.

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
=/

Last edited:

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
guys this thread is 3 years old.

Nobody makes an intake yet for our GTIs. you must either buy carbonio or fabricate your own from sheeps wool and carbonite.

now gtfo of this old ass thread.

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
I'm not sold that any intake really does much for our cars other than be a noise box.

This one seems like all fluff and no substance.

that's because you drive a 5 cylinder. put down 250 whp, take your intake off, and then tell me it doesn't make a difference.

nintendodude

Banned
Car(s)
Jetta
that's because you drive a 5 cylinder. put down 250 whp, take your intake off, and then tell me it doesn't make a difference.

well said. why does a guy who drives a rabbit have a "fast" for an avatar?