GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Inexpensive Lightweight 17" Rims

AJChenMPH

Lt. Commander, USPHS
I'm probably going to regret this (only because all of you are gonna go buy these and run the stock out before I even order my GTI :biggrin: ), but I found some fairly lightweight 17" rims that should fit the GTI (or any Mk V Golf) without too many problems:

Flik Ftd (matt Titanium)
Size: 17x8
PCD: 5x112
ET: 45
Weight: 18.5lbs
$102 per rim

http://www.edgeracing.com/2006/Audi/A3_2.0T_FrontTrack/wheels/17/

excal06

Autocross Champion
I really like the wheels. When I looked at the website, I noticed that they provide 2 kind of ET, 1 is 45 and 1 is 35. Which one should I get for the MKV?

Nimble

Oval Champion
Well, you're off to a good start by looking at edgeracing.com
They have some amazing prices on both wheels and tires! They also have some black with a plished lip ones for only $99 each too. Not to mention anything is lighter than our 24 lbs stock 17's. :frown:

I like how the car has room for improvement though, going from 24lbs to 16-18lbs should be a noticeable difference.

Tirerack.com seems to have a lot of shitty quality, heavy wheels offered for our MKV's. Our 5x112 bolt pattern isn't very common, so the quality wheel manufacturers aren't making wheels for us. No Kosei's, very few BBS, and no SSR's.

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
Agreed, i would love to have a set of SSR comps, but neither the size nor the availability

Nimble said:
Tirerack.com seems to have a lot of shitty quality, heavy wheels offered for our MKV's. Our 5x112 bolt pattern isn't very common, so the quality wheel manufacturers aren't making wheels for us. No Kosei's, very few BBS, and no SSR's.