GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

In a little hick town!

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
Well, I do go to school in Maine. A lot of people stereotype Maine as being the boondocks where people are missing teeth and smell bad. It really isnt (although being from NY, it is quite a huge change/culture shock), except for this which may prove other wise. Some friends and I were driving on some back roads and came across this. We had to turn around for pictures.

yahookendogg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08' GTI United Gray
yikes. now that's gangster.

leegf

(OO=[][]=OO)
A lot of people stereotype Maine as being the boondocks where people are missing teeth and smell bad.

if i had to make a sweeping generalization (and i try not to), the stereotype you cite would bring to mind the deep souf, maybe west virginia, certain parts of florida and the like, but not a northeast/new england state that's also home to tony towns like portland, kennebunkport, and ogunquit.

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
if i had to make a sweeping generalization (and i try not to), the stereotype you cite would bring to mind the deep souf, maybe west virginia, certain parts of florida and the like, but not a northeast/new england state that's also home to tony towns like portland, kennebunkport, and ogunquit.

Thank you! Believe it or not, a lot of people dont think that way when they hear Maine. Although every part of Maine you mention is FAR south in Maine. Im almost 2.5 hours north of P-Town (Portland.)

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
Those leaf spring perches scare the crap outa me... I would not drive that car faster than 25mph...

Oh yea, and I don't see any shocks...

Understeer'd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 VW Golf (BPY)
Oh yea, and I don't see any shocks...

Haha, yeah me neither. Took a second, but this car has that "buckle" suspension in the rear. Bounce bounce, bounce bounce, bounce...But I'm sure that's what the owner likes. Complete death trap.

Nice find. I've seen some lifted 80s Caddys and the like in the sticks around here, I don't think a car that old could survive the deep south climate and mistreatment for that long. :thumbup:

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
Haha, yeah me neither. Took a second, but this car has that "buckle" suspension in the rear. Bounce bounce, bounce bounce, bounce...But I'm sure that's what the owner likes. Complete death trap.

Nice find. I've seen some lifted 80s Caddys and the like in the sticks around here, I don't think a car that old could survive the deep south climate and mistreatment for that long. :thumbup:

I'd rather drive a car in the south. Winters here are brutal on a car. Not to mention roads are terrible. I can't drive my gti around most of em now.