GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I NEEEEED A GTI BUMPEERRRR

noelymack

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf
YOOOO.

As you probably know I've got the rear end now. But I am gutted about the prices I am seeing for a front bumper. I got the back for £27! Today I went to a VW breaker in Oldbury and they wanted £150 for a BLACK gti bumper scratched to fuck! So id have to sand repair etc then paint!

HELPPPP

BrownBear

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV Golf

AxiaL

Passed Driver's Ed
ohz ...

You not got any scrap yards close about? or just keep looking for 1 on ebay .. but i think they will all be round about that tbh.

noog

Ready to race!
that price sounds about right! especially if it had all grilles and fittings..

i heard somewhere that the GTI bumper wont fit directly onto the golf/rabbit without some modifications? I remember someone who did a sleeper mod telling me about this! might wanna check that out before shelling out on the bumper

noelymack

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf
It had no grills, just the shell. Scratched up like crazy.
And yeah you're right it doesn't go straight on there's a few options -

Buy an aftermarket lookalike which has the same fittings as a normal golf

or

Buy a normal GTI bumper and modify it to fit with a dremel etc.

or

Buy a normal GTI bumper then buy the slam panel and rad carrier etc so you give yourself the GTI's mounting holes. This is the most expensive method!

savechip17

Passed Driver's Ed
i have a gti bumper possibly for sale. i have all the parts including a lover valence, brand new grills etc. and 150 for a shell is cheep i paid 200 for a bare bone one and got the parts from vw seperatly. let me know if your interested.