GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I need help deciding fast. DSG or MT

502fasthatch

Ready to race!
Ok ive been doing my research on the GTI for it seems like 5 months now before buying and now i have a option at my dealer for a auto dsg in csg or the dark blue and 6 spd manual in every color so im stumped on what decision to make now there all in my price range and i have cash to purchase car outright on friday. Thanks for any quick replys i just need a everyone opinion on dsg vs auto. Ive read plenty of forums on this question and its sort of touchy subject it seems lol.

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
Ah, this topic. Test drive both. See what you like better. I chose DSG simply because my dealer did not have any manuals in stock and it would take several weeks to get one. Impulse decision i know. I still love the DSG.
If you are planning on going stg/2/ko4, a clutch w/install is going to be at least 1k.

EDIT: Just saw that your car description already says DSG. Maybe you've made the choice subconsciously. haha

Last edited:

Bandit1

Ready to race!
DSG if you deal with traffic, or just want to be faster. If you want to feel slightly more connected and traffic isn’t an issue for you – manual.

JhnR

Banned
DSG because racecar

502fasthatch

Ready to race!
Ah, this topic. Test drive both. See what you like better. I chose DSG simply because my dealer did not have any manuals in stock and it would take several weeks to get one. Impulse decision i know. I still love the DSG.
If you are planning on going stg/2/ko4, a clutch w/install is going to be at least 1k.

EDIT: Just saw that your car description already says DSG. Maybe you've made the choice subconsciously. haha

yeah i drive a 5spd jetta now but i want somthing different and supposldy better. So the dsg will hold up to the power better?

502fasthatch

Ready to race!
How about the paint colors there all new cars but what will look cleaner and last longer? I wanted csg but i just read a thread in discussions with it having a paint recall or somthing i swear everytime i go with what i want i get screwed lol

Swoope

Ready to race!
Really though your telling me to search you when to me sounds like you have no idea what your talking about. Buy a vw and then come back and say something worth all our time. thanks

really,

picked up one last sunday.. so i guess i know a lot more than you. asking same questions over and over. really, made my choice just by searching.. lots if info out there if you dont have to be spoon feed, twice.

again you have a sig, with the gti in it. why.

beers

502fasthatch

Ready to race!
really,

picked up one last sunday.. so i guess i know a lot more than you. asking same questions over and over. really, made my choice just by searching.. lots if info out there if you dont have to be spoon feed, twice.

again you have a sig, with the gti in it. why.

beers
Really just last minute decision making as im getting my money to purchase in the next few days. Mainly color as ive been pretty much decided on dsg since the last thread. Not really a big issue with driving a stick i drive one every day for the past 4 yrs. Just taking in everyones thoughts on the dsg vs mt controversy and whys theres hate towards the dsg transmissions..