GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I don't even know where to start

sturat_7

VAG collector
In searching around for a k04 upgrade or hybrid (obviously going to purchase a real turbo from a reputable vendor). I found this wonderful ebay special. Let's not turn this into a bash thread for reputable vendors but still something like this should really be purchased direct through people who maintain quality control on their product. I still wonder if frankenturbo knows this is out there.

Last edited:

larcic

Ready to race!
so can you run this turbo on a k04 file ie unitronic k04?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
In searching around for a k04 upgrade or hybrid (obviously going to purchase a real turbo from a reputable vendor). I found this wonderful ebay special. Let's not turn this into a bash thread for reputable vendors but still something like this should really be purchased direct through people who maintain quality control on their product. I still wonder if frankenturbo knows this is out there.

Why not just email Frankenturbo and ask the question directly if you are curious about what they know?

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I recall Doug being very much aware of these, I think he even linked to some alibaba page selling FT tags for turbos. Those are probably complete garbage.

I don't think running a K04 tune with a F23t would be all that wise as they are just different enough, and with Chinese tolerances who knows what the hell they are sending you. I figure at that price its not a bargain if you are going to have to buy it multiple times, more so if you end up having your oil loaded up with Chinese pot metal bearing material.