GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to charge & play your iPhone 4 using iPod Adapter

VWTiger

I am the Stig
I just ordered that ENFIG one! $90 shipped.

Any word from Enfig? I placed an order last week with them and only got the purchase confirmation.

VWTiger

I am the Stig
Any word from Enfig? I placed an order last week with them and only got the purchase confirmation.

Nevermind. Called them and they just forgot to ship it.

GTIanz

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2009 GTI
I think I'm going to do my stereo install this Sunday. However, I did put in the Enfig unit when i got it. It comes with a nice thick/heavy duty iphone cord.

The unit itself is working perfectly. I'm listening to Pandora, IheartRadio, and Jango with great clarity. The only nuisance is that I have to forward to the next song on the iphone itself. No steering wheel controls.

junker

You get an 'F'!
Car(s)
MkV GTI FSI
On the Dice unit there is a toggle switch. Either to control from the wheel and head unit or to control from the iPhone. I'd rather control from my phone. You especially appreciate it if you use a phone mount.

bigbadvoodooguru

GO LAKERS
Car(s)
VW Rabbit
with my dice unit I can control it both from the head unit and from the iphone at the same time. Next-Previous works on the head unit and also on the iphone.

GTIanz

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2009 GTI
I probably should have researched it a little further.
I'd like to have that control but I did save $30 over the dice unit.

Car(s)
2008 GTI
I use a Grom unit and it is fantastic. Grabbed it for $40 on the forum here.

VWTiger

I am the Stig
I probably should have researched it a little further.
I'd like to have that control but I did save $30 over the dice unit.

not to mention the ease of install. 30 seconds total?

VWTiger

I am the Stig
A word of caution for the Enfig unit that I bought. It seems to constantly pull power even when the key is out and door is open. I beleive this contributed to my dead battery recently. Turning off the radio when I shut the car off fixes this.

Qwoz

Roflcopter pilot
Car(s)
08 GTI
If you want to play Pandora etc you need the Dice unit that is in the link above. Instructions are given here is several places.

I have an Iphone 4S and it plays pandora with my stock stereo, and steering wheel controls, with an extender cable no problem.

junker

You get an 'F'!
Car(s)
MkV GTI FSI
I have an Iphone 4S and it plays pandora with my stock stereo, and steering wheel controls, with an extender cable no problem.

Maybe something improved in 2008. I could play my phone as an iPod but no other applications.

I assume your iPhone does not charge since it was not a 5v system in 2008?

whitegti08

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI

I just bought my cable, it has head phones and usb on one side and Ipod/Iphone connection on the other side. But still can control my Iphone (just the music) with the radio or steering controls?????

ddriver3487

Still broke...
Car(s)
O8 GTI
So I just bought the dice from the link and it didn't connect to the iPod connection in the armrest. Not sure if I got gipped since it did seem like it was opened from Amazon. I went ahead and got the dension version from Enfig. I also found this and it seems to specifically include the cable for the iPod connection. http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=10761 Model number is i-vw-t. Not vw-r like the one from Amazon.

junker

You get an 'F'!
Car(s)
MkV GTI FSI
The Dice that I have includes a cable with the old style iPhone connector. I just run it with the new Apple Lightning adapter. Thanks for pinging this thread. I'll update with a few pictures since I needed a different cradle for the iPhone 6+. :thumbsup:

So I just bought the dice from the link and it didn't connect to the iPod connection in the armrest. Not sure if I got gipped since it did seem like it was opened from Amazon. I went ahead and got the dension version from Enfig. I also found this and it seems to specifically include the cable for the iPod connection. http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=10761 Model number is i-vw-t. Not vw-r like the one from Amazon.