GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How much are you paying for monthly....

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
$538/mo for 3yrs 0% interest...10K down, woulda paid cash but since i qualified for 0% i get to keep my money for 3 yrs before its gone :)

pkg 2., nav, xm, huffs, dsg

what dealer you buy from? im from irvine, so i was just curious what you thought about your dealer

BetaOp9

Banned
My payment is high, but due to negative equity. I got a 4 year loan, with a 4.5% apr cause of my great credit, and a neg equity of about $5k and my payments are $600. Much better than paying $480 for my truck and $300-$400 a month for gas. Gus Gus is worth it.

This is a for a PKG2 GTI with DSG, ~$27k sticker.

Last edited:

gti5dr06

Autocross Newbie
he probably means 2..parrothead i thought that if you try to pay it off early they still make you pay for the interest that would have accrued had you not paid it down sooner

trick000

FIA World Rally Car Champion
he probably means 2..parrothead i thought that if you try to pay it off early they still make you pay for the interest that would have accrued had you not paid it down sooner

That's correct. In normal financing, interest is already added to your monthly payment and therefore your total amount owed. There is very little reason to pay off a car earlier.

Geesevs

Interior > Horsepower
Car(s)
07 GTI
pay it off early, have more money in pocket later

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
That's correct. In normal financing, interest is already added to your monthly payment and therefore your total amount owed. There is very little reason to pay off a car earlier.

correct
x2

its better to put more money down then, because its the only thing that will make a diff, paying it off quicker doesn't save you any $$ at all

GT0neX

NooB-Still Sucklin' Teat
what dealer you buy from? im from irvine, so i was just curious what you thought about your dealer

i bought it from circle VW off the 405 in long beach...i don't exactly recommend them, but it seems to me they were desperate to sell a car because they gave it (2006 GTI) to me at invoice and they had to do a dealer trade to get it. Funny because they had the 07's there with a 2k markup! The whole time though, i felt I wasn't getting the proper service because they felt they weren't going to make much money off me so I had to keep them on track and keep calling to find out the status all the time.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
i bought it from circle VW off the 405 in long beach...i don't exactly recommend them, but it seems to me they were desperate to sell a car because they gave it (2006 GTI) to me at invoice and they had to do a dealer trade to get it. Funny because they had the 07's there with a 2k markup! The whole time though, i felt I wasn't getting the proper service because they felt they weren't going to make much money off me so I had to keep them on track and keep calling to find out the status all the time.

same experience with mckenna norwalk, i only got 300 over invoice but i had to call all day long before i got a hold of the sales manager since the asshole sales person wasnt returning my calls.

gti5dr06

Autocross Newbie
hmm the funny thing is my sales person was very responsive to emails but after putting down my deposit he doesn't answer as quickly..i guess its still okay as he answers the phone and returns my calls...oh i got "invoice" plus ghey regional adjustment fee -_-

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
hmm the funny thing is my sales person was very responsive to emails but after putting down my deposit he doesn't answer as quickly..i guess its still okay as he answers the phone and returns my calls...oh i got "invoice" plus ghey regional adjustment fee -_-

dealers are always quick to take your money, once they have it, theres no urgency :tongue:

GT0neX

NooB-Still Sucklin' Teat
same experience with mckenna norwalk, i only got 300 over invoice but i had to call all day long before i got a hold of the sales manager since the asshole sales person wasnt returning my calls.

was this for an 06 or an 07? Mckenna Norwalk quoted me $700 over invoice on all 07's....that's how i got circle to give it to me at invoice...can you believe after i told him they had 07's for 700 over invoice, the salesman suggested $600 over invoice on the 06! I laughed at him and said only $100 diffrence won't get me to buy it, it would have to at least be invoice.