alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
gCHOW said:
1. i dont want an interior that looks like crap
2. i dont want kids trying to race me everytime i get on a freeway
3. i'm not 16 anymore

dont get me wrong, great car for the track.. just not on the way home to work and back.
who cares if you arent 16? thats a very respectable car, bu tlike you said track use, i heard that itll bust ur kidneys even on the stock suspension.

main reason i asked was because he spent close to 31k.

L-Dub

Go Kart Newbie
I believe the '06's have special financing (I got 0% :biggrin: ) and the '07 you get screwed on if you buy through VW credit (8% sounds about right). You would have been better off going to a couple of local banks and try to get a car loan through them. May have gotten 6% or so :iono:

gCHOW

Autocross Newbie
alf said:

DAMNNNN...... i've ridden in my friends evo and it definitely blows my shorts off. its really an amazing machine.. if i had the money, that'd be my track car. no doubt.

but then again the dude was driving crazy and we were in an empty parking lot late at night...

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
alf said:
who cares if you arent 16? thats a very respectable car, bu tlike you said track use, i heard that itll bust ur kidneys even on the stock suspension.

uhhmmmm, i really do not respect them that much Alf:rolleyes:

Mazomoto

Passed Driver's Ed
It comes to a point that you should make a decision.

Should I buy F430 spider or GTI.:iono:

well yes i could easily buy F430 for 30k instead of GTI. But lets first see what options i could get with 30k.

Lets compare my options, Do i wanna have better car without optional equipments or get a cheaper car but fully equipped.

07 GTI 2D with DSG / Package #2 /Ground Effects /Navigation System, DVD-Based just around 30k

07 Ferrari F430 Spider without Power train,Car engine,Exterior Equipment and Interior equipment. But i still get the body. dealer was nice so i will also receive 6 airbags as bonus.:thumbup:

So you know even if Ferrari is a better car. I wanna have fully equipped car.

well shouldn't forget the LOVE factor...ohhh and THE FAST.:burnrubber:

:wink:

trick000

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Mazomoto said:
It comes to a point that you should make a decision.

Should I buy F430 spider or GTI.:iono:

well yes i could easily buy F430 for 30k instead of GTI. But lets first see what options i could get with 30k.

Lets compare my options, Do i wanna have better car without optional equipments or get a cheaper car but fully equipped.

07 GTI 2D with DSG / Package #2 /Ground Effects /Navigation System, DVD-Based just around 30k

07 Ferrari F430 Spider without Power train,Car engine,Exterior Equipment and Interior equipment. But i still get the body. dealer was nice so i will also receive 6 airbags as bonus.:thumbup:

So you know even if Ferrari is a better car. I wanna have fully equipped car.

well shouldn't forget the LOVE factor...ohhh and THE FAST.:burnrubber:

:wink:

Sorry but that analogy stinks. :p

You could've gotten a better car for $35k. Just my opinion.

GOLfAh

V/ IsLaNd bOi V/
Tnx for the input guys! After reading all your comments, im fu*kin FERIOUS :mad: :mad: . Could I return the car for another cheaper deal at another dealership? I got it like last weak. Or am I stuck with the payments :mad: ?!!

Also is there ne1 paying more than me???

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
YOU NEED TO SLAP YO MAMA...seriously dude, no offense but thats why u dont take a fucking woman car shopping w/ u, and no, you signed a contract...legally binding, you knew all the terms and what not before hand so no...your stuck...sorry you were so anxious to get the car you took the first offer they through on table and didnt think about it, and btw, they show u what your car will cost at the end of your payments...for me it was like 27500 or something like that, i financed the whole thing...and for you im sure it was a bunch more w/ that crazy interest rate you got...

bilbos

On the Kop
On my lease I have worked out that I will be paying close to $33K if I end up buying the GTI.

Most of this comes from the fact that I did no haggling over price and paid 26K for a Pkg 1 with 18"s.

Am I annoyed?. Not really. Probably because I am still in the UK mindset regarding car prices. We are used to paying a lot. A stock GTI with no options in the UK would be a similar price to my total outlay. Hopefully on my next car I will adopt US bargaining techniques :smile:

gCHOW

Autocross Newbie
bilbos said:
Probably because I am still in the UK mindset regarding car prices. We are used to paying a lot. A stock GTI with no options in the UK would be a similar price to my total outlay. Hopefully on my next car I will adopt US bargaining techniques :smile:

its crazy how much more expensive cars are anywhere else in the world. i used to live in singapore and car taxes themselves would be almost twice the cost of the car.