GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HELP! intake-limp mode

RoccoRed

I Wanna Go Fast!
Hey guys..i just installed my neuspeed p flo intake today

after i installed it and let it idle for 15 minutes, i took it for a drive and my car went into limp mode

any ideas as to why it would?

no CEL on

RoccoRed

I Wanna Go Fast!
well that was definately my first concern..i need to let my engine cool before i go back in there..i was just hoping to get some other suggestions so i could check everything at once

RoccoRed

I Wanna Go Fast!
if anything went wrong with the MAF wouldn't a CEL come up? unfortunate about living in florida is it takes FOREVER for my car to cool so I am still waiting to go in and triple check everything

f_399

07 GTI and 06 Passat
revo stg 1

did you take the battery out or any wires from the battery?

if so you are in limp mode, these are the settings your revo went to:

boost- 0

timing- 0

fuel- 0

go to your revo dealer and have them read your settings and out it back to stock stage 1

limp mode is almost like vallet mode, engine wont rev past 3k and it wont boost

RoccoRed

I Wanna Go Fast!
then if it isn't limp mode what else would cause my car to all of a sudden go slow....do you think my diverter could blow out completely after one spool?

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
i agree with f 399, im not too familiar with REVo but ive heard this happen before IF you disconnected the battery.

2zzge

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
then if it isn't limp mode what else would cause my car to all of a sudden go slow....do you think my diverter could blow out completely after one spool?

call it limp-mode if it makes you feel better...sheeeesh -heh.
vallet, limp same thing.

REVO has an updated version of their software that will take care of this for you. go back to where you had it installed and get the update for free.
that way the next time you disconnect the batt it won't go limp on you.:thumbup: