GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Headlight help

Boosty

Ready to race!
Last week my passenger side bulb went dim and started flickering on and off
A few days ago I pulled the bulb and it did look to be on its way out , but when I reinstalled it didn't even turn on. Then seconds later I got the light out warbing on the dash
Ordered some replacement bulbs , installed it and nothing.
Then I did some searching and decided to try getting a new igniter , which I bought today at vw (250$ ??)
Installed and still nothing.
I'm a little desperate now , nothing is working and I was pulled over last night for the bulb out and got a ticket.

Any ideas ?
Btw mods , didn't know where to post this please move it if necessary

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Man that sucks... Sorry but I have no idea how to help. Are you positive it was reinstalled correctly?

Boosty

Ready to race!
I'm pretty sure , I'll have to remove it and try a few more times.
I've read there is no fuse that directly affects the bi xenon's
Do you have an idea what fuse it may be ?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Are you sure it is the bulb or would it be the ballast that is bad?

Boosty

Ready to race!
Are you sure it is the bulb or would it be the ballast that is bad?

Well roh I bought a new ballast today , and I have a new bulb in , the light still isn't coming on
I'm confused cause everything is new now , and its not working

Boosty

Ready to race!
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/316YdF6DYIL._SY400_.jpg

That's what I bought new
Ballast igniter , I assume they are the same thing in our set up , anyway
I just searched and couldnt find anything but if I can't get it to work I've seen in the bimmer forums someone had the exact same issue and it turned out he had a bad ground connection for thathead light unit , is there any thing similar for ours I could find ?
I drive a lot at night and I don't need more tickets lol

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Hopefully you hung on to the old bits as they could still be good.
And hopefully there is a simple solution as a bad ground. If I find anything that will help I will notify quickly.

Boosty

Ready to race!
Hopefully you hung on to the old bits as they could still be good.
And hopefully there is a simple solution as a bad ground. If I find anything that will help I will notify quickly.

Thank you and yes I have , the receipt I received says no refunds are given on electrical items so even if its something that doesn't pertain to the ballast , I'm stuck with a new one .
Not a bad thing , but I'd prefer my 250 back..
New problem though , my driver side light is beginning to flicker so I am thinking what ever it is I need to figure it out soon cause I will have no lighting at night
And I don't know what to search anymore lol

Boosty

Ready to race!
Does anyone know the wattage of the OEM bulb?

Boosty

Ready to race!
You are plugging the harness back it to that red igniter box?

The little wire, yes I do plug it back in and I even readjust the little red box

Christoph559

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007GTI
The little wire, yes I do plug it back in and I even readjust the little red box

Haha yes, the first time I changed my bulbs I didn't know that it was there and was going nuts when they wouldn't trun on and I started thinking to my self how do the even get power if I didn't plug them in?! And then realized the plug end shot off to the sides

Boosty

Ready to race!
Took it to vw and got it fixed and had a horrible time to , turns out a bent pin was not connected to the igniter , if anyone wants pics I'll post where the issue on the ballast was I will post pics
If you wanna read everything that happened I posted a thread in the Midwest section

vlkswgnbgmn66

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI #473
I accidentally bent a pin in my passenger ballast once. Pissed me off and I'll be more careful not to do that again. Saw your rant on the other thread you made. That really sucks. It's techs like that that give dealerships the term stealerships. Luckily not all dealerships are like that. Some of us are fortunate enough to have at least two to choose from and usually one out of the two is good. At least your lights are fixed now! I'm still dumbfounded how it cost you $650 for all of that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk