GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

H&R Sports are on!

KharatosGTI

Rally Car Newbie
Ride is both better and worse than stock, over small and rapid bumps the new springs suck them up much better and it feels like they get flattened as you glide over them, but over big bumps on the freeway there is less give in the suspension travel so it's stiffer and less comfortable. Overall it's the same as stock, you gain some you lose some.

There's much less body-roll when tossing the car around, it feels like there's more grip but I can't be sure if it's true or just my imagination, the car handles better since it feels more planted to the road. Steering feel was a bit loose right after installation but has tightened itself up.

I don't know what the big fuss is about regarding the stock shocks, they are quite firm IMO and work nicely together with the sports springs, perhaps Konis will be provide more damping over big freeway bumps because the stock ones are very stiff IMO. No bouncing or anything like that, like I said the stockers are not soft, quite the opposite actually.

The drop is perfect, I'm nearly positive I won't be able to tolerate the stiffness of race springs and these H&R sports drop the car quite a bit while still giving me an acceptable ride (the comfort level is about on par with an E90 3-series with their run-flat tires and sports package suspension). Therefore they are perfect IMO. I'm gonna see if I can make a more comfortable ride out of this setup but for now I'm very happy.

Before(sorry I just realized that I never even took any decent before pictures):

After:

And this last picture illustrates just how perfect the drop is perfectly, IMO:

And it's such a thrill to find out there's another dubber at your apartment complex! Jason's beautful two-tone A2 with a VR6 swap:

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Nice drop!

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
That looks sweet. As far as I know, no one has complained about the performance of keeping the stock shocks, it's the longevity of them people have questioned. I'm sure you'll get a good 20,000 out of them, but as soon as you feel like there starting to blow, SWITCH THEM or you'll be driving a beautiful black shit-can. Have Fun, Enjoy the BMP GTI :burnrubber:

PS: FREEK this is what your car should look like... You disgust me, I'm going to bed.

KharatosGTI

Rally Car Newbie
HotLanta MKfizzle said:
That looks sweet. As far as I know, no one has complained about the performance of keeping the stock shocks, it's the longevity of them people have questioned. I'm sure you'll get a good 20,000 out of them, but as soon as you feel like there starting to blow, SWITCH THEM or you'll be driving a beautiful black shit-can. Have Fun, Enjoy the BMP GTI :burnrubber:

PS: FREEK this is what your car should look like... You disgust me, I'm going to bed.

I'm switching them out soon, I want better damping on the freeway.

KharatosGTI

Rally Car Newbie
HotLanta MKfizzle said:
it can't be that bad??? I don't do much freeway driving so I can't really relate. It's hard to get the best of both worlds with suspensions.

No it's not bad, but I just think that a set of Konis will probably do a lil better since they were designed to work with more aggressive springs in the first place. I'm not ONLY switching them out to get a better ride, I'll have to swap them out sometime anyways, so I just have it planned in the near future. Plus I'm curious of how they are.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
KharatosGTI said:
No it's not bad, but I just think that a set of Konis will probably do a lil better since they were designed to work with more aggressive springs in the first place. I'm not ONLY switching them out to get a better ride, I'll have to swap them out sometime anyways, so I just have it planned in the near future. Plus I'm curious of how they are.

did you do the work yourself? Or did you find a shop?

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
I will have my H&R race with Konis tomorrow, and my uncle has races on his stock shocks, i will test drive them both tomorrow and take some pics and make a detailes write up.

KharatosGTI said:

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
that looks really good... Post some more pics once it has settled a bit...

Porschephile 924

mmmmmm... Boost......
Car(s)
1988 944 Turbo S
I'll need to do that when I get mine... and I like the rough ride... My Porsche has Koni's set to the hardest, and some pretty stiff springs... and very large sways... cornering is phenominal! need to do that with the GTI