GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTi's QTR Mile Times ?

CiaranGTI

Schwam, Doo, Doo and heif

CiaranGTI

nice man, it was the 2nd/3rd shift i was interested in. Anything below 75-80km/h and you get caught off boost for a split second in a chipped GTI. I didnt think you'd have time to look but it was worth a shot!

I am keen as mustard to get my car to WSID! It'll prob be getting a bit hot at night from here on in though, might have to wait until winter next year.

Tank Engine

Passed Driver's Ed
13.8 is a great time and about 1/10 slower than Tiny's who IIRC also has an exhaust.
Seems to support the theory that remaps from the different companies are separated by about 1 poofteenth of a kilowatt and the best times / winners / etc...get decided by the driver's skill.

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
Interestingly i've been playing with the vagcom and wondering just how accurate things like the quarter mile function were... for example on a err private test strip, late at night i got it down to a 13.9s@161kmh with APR Stage 1, Carbonio and APR TBE. Given Craze's times at a track with considerably more grip available that would seem to be relatively accurate.

Good effort on the run BTW :biggrin: Did you change your tyre pressures at all?

CRAZE

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Gti
Interestingly i've been playing with the vagcom and wondering just how accurate things like the quarter mile function were... for example on a err private test strip, late at night i got it down to a 13.9s@161kmh with APR Stage 1, Carbonio and APR TBE. Given Craze's times at a track with considerably more grip available that would seem to be relatively accurate.

Good effort on the run BTW :biggrin: Did you change your tyre pressures at all?

Yea, ended up dropping them down to 16psi in the end.
Craze

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
your reaction time could have been abit better (not saying i could do better) if u maybe had more practice...was it your first time???....in the end you are the man with that 13.8 sec :headbang: :bow:

damn DSG :biggrin:

GTILIN

Banned
Car(s)
Golf GTI 3 Door BM
Conspiracy Craze is actually GIAC tuned AHHAHAHA.

Hahahha Well done and a good time.

Stick with Stage 1 looks like its the only APR file that works at the moment.

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
Both work, just different. The stage 2 has less bottom end than stage 1 but noticeably more mid range and they both put out close enough to the same peak. In my testing with vagcom i've found the stage 1 gave the best quarter mile time, but if you were going around a track you'd probably find stage 2 would have much more usable power.

GTILIN

Banned
Car(s)
Golf GTI 3 Door BM
Na na don't believe that.

Man this forum is getting boring...someone do something interesting.

What happened to aGOLFlover, he was like a naughty weekend...good while it lasted for 2 nights.

CiaranGTI

Both work, just different. The stage 2 has less bottom end than stage 1 but noticeably more mid range and they both put out close enough to the same peak. In my testing with vagcom i've found the stage 1 gave the best quarter mile time, but if you were going around a track you'd probably find stage 2 would have much more usable power.

so if you live your life a quarter mile at a time, go Stage 1 APR? :D

GTILIN

Banned
Car(s)
Golf GTI 3 Door BM
Thats a pretty short way to live life.

I like to keep going and going.

CRAZE

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Gti
your reaction time could have been abit better (not saying i could do better) if u maybe had more practice...was it your first time???....in the end you are the man with that 13.8 sec :headbang: :bow:

damn DSG :biggrin:

Yea, wasn't the greatest reaction time but it doesn't affect the time as the clock only starts as soon as you take take off. The launch control has a huge delay when you take your foot off the brake pedal. And yes it was my first time I had ben out there, got pinned for everything. e.g - cross the start line after warming tyres, crossing the lane line at the end of the strip & having my headlights on on the way back to the stagng lanes. It was a real experience. Next time I'll be ready with all the rules and with SLICKS.:thumbsup:
Cheers,
Craze

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
60ft time is good though.

should the change from 2nd/3rd be way above 80kph more like 90-100kph?

top work mate.

SSS_Hoon