GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTi3333 CTS Turbo built motor vs. C63 Stock

eatmorice

Ready to race!
I don't always walk C63's, but when I do its in Taiwan!
Nice run dude!

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
Dumbfounded. Awesome runs I wish I had your car.

Vash

Passed Driver's Ed
Doesn't add up. And OP put up a vid a week or two ago of this car getting burned by a stock C63 (can't find the vid anymore, he had it posted on a couple other sites, it's not even on Youtube now). Also, during the second run (about 40 seconds in), you can see the C63 staying really close to the other set of headlights that were following while the GTi takes off, but then he comes flying up from behind (leaving the other set of headlights far behind).

Either this was a C350, or you guys are just yanking our chain.

This car in another vid barely pulls a bolt on tuned 335, while there is a vid of a stock C63 pulling a full bolt on, tuned, gutted, wide body 335 running meth.

What's the trap on this thing, 130-135?
:iono:

DirtyHarry

Ready to race!
Doesn't add up. And OP put up a vid a week or two ago of this car getting burned by a stock C63 (can't find the vid anymore, he had it posted on a couple other sites, it's not even on Youtube now). Also, during the second run (about 40 seconds in), you can see the C63 staying really close to the other set of headlights that were following while the GTi takes off, but then he comes flying up from behind (leaving the other set of headlights far behind).

This car in another vid barely pulls a bolt on tuned 335, while there is a vid of a stock C63 pulling a full bolt on, tuned, gutted, wide body 335 running meth.

??????????

made this video before chinese new year:drool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBYlhgarTBc

nice runs OP it's not even close. what are the HP numbers on stock C63?

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver

Huh?

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
It did seem a little odd how the C63 would hold like a champ then fall off suddenly and then hold again, like the C63 had some weird weak spots in its powerband...or was letting off and then getting back into it. Perhaps the driver was a n00b who was afraid of the 503 or whatever hp he had under his right foot?

Anyhow, don't c63s run mid twelves? There's no reason to believe a well-developed GTI with BT couldn't romp with em. Nice runs OP, and always a pleasure to watch your well-crafted, exciting vids.

Last edited:

Vash

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyhow, don't c63s run mid twelves? There's no reason to believe a well-developed GTI with BT couldn't romp with em. Nice runs OP, and always a pleasure to watch your well-crafted, exciting vids.

Very low 12's. I don't doubt that a fully built GTi could hang, but burn a car that traps 117 stock. It left it like it was parked. No way.

Here is that car vs 335. 335 takes it in the end.

335 race 1

This time that car may pull a bit.
335 race 2

And here's a same as stock C63 ripping a full bolt on, tuned, gutted, wide body 335 running meth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAWljScx82EAnd here's a same as stock C63 ripping a full bolt on, tuned, gutted, wide body 335 running meth.

AND... Eugene had posted a vid of this same GTi getting pulled by a completely stock C63. I'm sure I saw it here, but it was also on MBWorld and another site or two, but no more.

Eugene, am I wrong? (no, I'm not)

Fsiguy

Ready to race!
Keep in mind the c63 in this video was an estate version, the added weight of the wagon is probably a marginal difference over the sedan. Also with the c63 amg there is a base model (if u could call it that) and an AMG package which adds roughly 30 hp (I believe). So with the c63 AMG in this video being an estate and also a base model (450 hp roughly I beleive) I would say this is very possible. I have seen this Gti keeping up/pulling some HEAVY hitters.

Fsiguy

Ready to race!
To vash,

If I'm not mistaken in that first vs 335 video I'm pretty sure there ended up being some off with the gti (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Secondly in that second video that is a full bolt on 335 WITH a RB turbo upgrade which is MUCH stronger than a stock turbo full bolt on 335. Watch this video of the gti running proper vs a stock turbo full bolt on 335 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ0TenQgKL8

Eugene-Taiwan

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gintani S/C'd E92 M3
some of my old videos the GTi wasn't using the CTS turbo set up.

when the car in the past was on a GT2871R and still with a built motor. it will not last compared to a stock C63 or a slightly modded 335i

now! we have installed the new CTS intercooler and swapped out the forged twin cooler.

and just by seeing the exhaust temp. it drops by 100C

just some added informatioin

BTDUBS

The Interceptor
Car(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
They make a wagon version?!

160hunter

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
some of my old videos the GTi wasn't using the CTS turbo set up.

when the car in the past was on a GT2871R and still with a built motor. it will not last compared to a stock C63 or a slightly modded 335i

now! we have installed the new CTS intercooler and swapped out the forged twin cooler.

and just by seeing the exhaust temp. it drops by 100C

just some added informatioin

I have a forge twintercooler with the S3. So are you saying the CTS cooler is better than the forge setup? I have a CTS kit on the way as we speak with a GTX3071r.