GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs. MazdaSpeed 3

GolfRS

Banned
Wantagti said:
The S3 has a different block, turbo, rods, and pistons. Imagine that thing with a real software program.

Have you actually investigated that, or just repeating the VAG Press Release about the S3?

Do some research in case the piston/rod part numbers are the same as in the Gti.....:eyebulge:

Faster2.0

Go Kart Champion
^ lol about comfort. No matter what, I cannot get a comfortable seating position. The seatbelt chokes the heck out of my abdominal area. If you see me driving, whenever I come to a red light, I always twitch to get the seatbelt to loosen up.

Gotta agree with this one. Every time I think I found the right position i change clothes and it doesn't feel good anymore. What's up with that? Everyone who talks the GTI interior being so superior never says what they think is so special just that "it is". Maybe they are talking about my dash that buzzes above 4000 RPM or my door that rattles all the time or the airbag light that keeps coming on or the clunking when I shift sometimes. And believe me some of you have the same problems but you just lag taking it in to get fixed just like me. Let's be real, VW did not make a winner with this. Admittedly it is better than previous gen's , but not the doodoo like people have convinced themselves it is. I owned a 2003 Mazda Protege 5 and let me tell you that thing was one of the sharpest cars I've had. Granted it was slow as a turtle but it looked damn good and interior was "above it's pay grade." Oh yeah and now VW is trying to produce the GTI faster and cheaper. This thing is going to turn into a Cavalier.

makinista

Ready to race!
Oh well in my opinion vw can produce a faster car for dayling drive but it's not they target. A car with 220 hp it's going to paid much more in car insurrance and vw dont want that. If I'm not mistake they have 2.0 with double turbo "ATB" that make 300 hp. I going to post the link next time.

makinista

Ready to race!
Here u have the link actually it's not 300hp it's 270 hp was my bad http://www.worldcarfans.com/tuners....ry/gcf/volkswagen/wcf-test-drive-abt-golf-gti .So if a germany car can make 270hp just a 2.0 liters engine, why Mazda can't even makes 2.3 x 10 230hp? Whe I was a child my neighbor use to tell me that japanesse were don't doing nothing new, they were just copying germany enginiering. I'm still agree with my ex neighbor. In another hands competition make good things like my gti sticker price MSRP was $ 27.000 and I bought it for invoice only $25.000. demand vs offer. Last week I parked my car at walgreens place the parking lot was empty and a gay driving a dodge neon sr4 hi came to park right next to me making noise I quicly though "thas the best thing u can do" Why he came to park next to my car in an empty parking lot?? Mazda it's doing a car with 20 hp more than the gti, they triying to impress people with + 20hp. I'm no negative on this what about if vw makes a car with 50 hps tomorrow I'll be happy with my gti 200hp. I wont spend more money for extra hp or any new feature coming. I don't hate I congratulated Mazda for the job, but I'm sure they are copying germany technology.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
makinista, I think I understood part of what you were saying. And if I do then you are wrong to say 20 hp more. The GTI was rates at 200hp while the MazdaSpeed3 is rated at 263hp (Motor Trend Oct 2006). It may also be noted that the GTI was rated at something like 207 pound-feet of torque while the MazdaSpeed3 is rated at 280 pound-feet of torque (Motor Trend Oct 2006?. Thus giving the MazdaSpeed3 63 more stock hp and 73 more stock pound-feet of torque. The article also goes on to say that 0-60 will be less than 6 seconds, and a top speed of 155mph. Quote: "A shift to third gear is needed to burst from 0-60-otherwise the estimated time would fall in the mid 5's". Only 5000 will be shipped to the US this year (kind of like the R32 remember?). So it sounds to me like you're down talking the numbers. When in all actuality, the numbers the MazdaSpeed3 are tossing out there are VERY IMPRESSIVE.

P.S. On a side note, I was just wondering what country you are from?

z.zetsumei

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'07 United Grey GTI
well.....even though the 3 will probably perform better in the hands of a professional driver.....just think of all the over-enthusiastic fanboys out there who suck at driving in any form....
that being said....BRING IT MAZDA!!!

Slowride

Touring Car Newbie
No matter what, I think this MS3 is going to be an absolute beast. It has some electronics that attempt to tame it during hard cornering, so that will be interesting to experience if I get that chance.

The sad part is, I think both the GTI and the Si will be looking at some Mazda tails very often, very soon.

Turbo GTI

Autocross Newbie
Like I always say. I don't care what you have I will pull up next to you and try to race you beacuse it's all in the hands of the driver. I just want to the Mazda boys to bring it with there extra power. Ck my thread in the kill section about the GTI VS THE ELISE and you will see that I will be going up against my friends CTS-V very soon. His 0-60 is 4.9 but the quarter is only 13.6 @ 106mph. A stock GTI can do the quarter in 14.9 @ 95. Everyone on this thread getting mad... its ok to choose the GTI cuz you have it but numbers don't tell the whole story... plus you have to look at where the hp or the torque comes in at RPM's...

z.zetsumei

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'07 United Grey GTI
Turbo GTI said:
Like I always say. I don't care what you have I will pull up next to you and try to race you beacuse it's all in the hands of the driver. I just want to the Mazda boys to bring it with there extra power. Ck my thread in the kill section about the GTI VS THE ELISE and you will see that I will be going up against my friends CTS-V very soon. His 0-60 is 4.9 but the quarter is only 13.6 @ 106mph. A stock GTI can do the quarter in 14.9 @ 95. Everyone on this thread getting mad... its ok to choose the GTI cuz you have it but numbers don't tell the whole story... plus you have to look at where the hp or the torque comes in at RPM's...

Amen :clap:
I just can't wait 'till those big-headed fanboys get their 3's....cuz if i race them....i'm in a win-win situation.....i.e. if i win...well, i obviously win....but if i lose i have an underpowered and therefore an "inferior" car...so they really just beat a car that's heavier and has an engine that has less displacement

Slowride

Touring Car Newbie
z.zetsumei said:
Amen :clap:
I just can't wait 'till those big-headed fanboys get their 3's....cuz if i race them....i'm in a win-win situation.....i.e. if i win...well, i obviously win....but if i lose i have an underpowered and therefore an "inferior" car...so they really just beat a car that's heavier and has an engine that has less displacement

It can become a losing situation if the MS3 comes in at a price equal or less than the competition, and turns out to be faster.

We'll see though, since it is all digital racing at this point.

bcaciopp

A smile every mile.
It might be faster, but it aint a GTi. If all that matters is the most horsepower in a pocketrocket we wouldnt be driving what most of us drive.

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
You can get a Mazdaspeed3 for $21-22k. That is a dumb deal. I just wasn't impressed with the regular Mazda3 hatchback when I drove it. Very stiff, not like the GTI, but in another way. Great car in its segment, just not a GTI. It will be a drag racing/road racing terror, I look forward to running one when I get mine "chipped".