GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Value

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
Well, as some of you may have read, this summer I'm probably going to sell the GTI and go for a Legact GT Spec.B. Well anyways, I know you really doubt get much money back on mods at all (especially not if you trade in,) but im probably going to look to sell the GTI privately, hopefuly someone who will take care of it and knows VWs well. The car is a 2006 GTI package 0 and the 6speed manual. It's in good condition, not excellent, it has the typical use wear and tear on it. I will be selling it with its mods which are Revo Stage II, ATP Catless DP, GHL Catback, upgraded Forge DV, Neuspeed Intake, Avid D3 head unit, Jetta front end, R32 Tails, Golfball Shifter, Patec Holeshot coils, tints, and other little things here and there. The killer for me is the mileage on it, its got 57,000 mile son it already. The car was driven back and forth from Maine to NY quite a bit so it's mostly highway miles. Anyways, KBB says i can get about $14,300 sold privately, what do you guys think I could realistically get with its mods, im hoping to at least make something back on them by selling them to a VW enthusiast.

Maximum6

FASTER
14k is an extremely good deal for you considering you have 50k miles and all those mods.

However, no one in the "right minds" will pay 14k for a GTi that has 50k miles and all those mods.

Sell the mods separately on this forum and sell the car stock.

Then you'll more likely sell it for 14k.

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
14k is an extremely good deal for you considering you have 50k miles and all those mods.

However, no one in the "right minds" will pay 14k for a GTi that has 50k miles and all those mods.

Sell the mods separately on this forum and sell the car stock.

Then you'll more likely sell it for 14k.

I wish i could part it out... i dont have my stock exhaust, or suspension, headunit, its all been sold. Not to mention putting it back to stock would probably cost more than its worth to do it.

BMLracer

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 GTI/4
My number is realistic. Sorry to be the one to shoot you with reality. Unless you can find an enthusiast who has the same taste as you and feels like he NEEDS your car, you've devalued the car by adding aftermarket bits to it. It's the hard truth. When you spend the money on mods just know that you are lighting the $$ on fire. I've been in your position on several cars and it hurts. I've lost my ass more times than not when selling a car with bits. It is what it is.

Mods + Blue Book = -10% of book value.

madvillian

Banned
Looks like selling your stock parts and getting the Fast/GTI tats were a little short sighted? lol jk

Good luck with the sale man. I would try to trade out your aftermarket parts for stock ones before the sale if I was you. A modded turbo car with a young owner is hard to sell. It's like a big "hey this car had the shit beat out of it" flag. Even if you babied the car most people will assume the worst.

Aguilar

Senior Newbie
I'm in the same boat. 2006 DSG GTI, in excellent condition, 60k miles, with the obvious small rock chips in the front fascia from traveling from GA to Miami and back. Modifications are intake, downpipe, catback and stage 2 from APR, which could be easily reversed since I keep my stock parts.

I don't need 4WD or anything, but I do need rear doors and space for the baby seat, the next car would be more family oriented. Who knows, may even stay in the family with a Passat 2.0t or a GLI.

Hotty

For the joy of driving
Looks like selling your stock parts and getting the Fast/GTI tats were a little short sighted? lol jk

Good luck with the sale man. I would try to trade out your aftermarket parts for stock ones before the sale if I was you. A modded turbo car with a young owner is hard to sell. It's like a big "hey this car had the shit beat out of it" flag. Even if you babied the car most people will assume the worst.

Short sighted indeed! I would think that most enthusiasts want to buy a stock GTI and than mod is themselves. I think it will be very difficult to sell this modded GTI without substantial financial sacrifice. A very risky purchase in my opinion.

Cheers

TurbO_Lag

Aint I?
Car(s)
2008 GTi MkV
Sadly, I think your number is way understated. 12k man, cmon...

I had a heavily modded SRT-4, fuel controller and all. The works. It had around 380HP with 400+ WTQ. 2005 with 37,000 miles on it, and ppl told me I would only get 13, give or take.

I sold the car in March to a 17 year old kid, for 15,900:happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: . And I pretended to go DOWN from my origional price.

Dont let people's opinions keep you from TRYING. I'm not saying you will find someone for your car, but I am saying that there are people out there who are willing to pay.