GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI To R32 Conversion - Build Thread

Vins25

Dump Valve 7000RPM
Car(s)
Golf 5 GTI
dude... not to hate or anything, but you cannot hate on his wheels after installing those Jc Whitney headlights! I mean... what was wrong with the stock ones?

Hehehe your right about those headlights man:bellyroll:

The truth is here in Lebanon , the stock is GTI comes with the normal lights , not the Xenon ones , so my friend wanted some cheap xenon lights , so he got his hands on those...

I told him 3 days ago to change them , and put the old stock ones , cause they are not gonna look good on the new R32 look..:iono:

I guess he might squeeze his piggy bank a bit and buy the OEM Xenon , its worth it

Vins25

Dump Valve 7000RPM
Car(s)
Golf 5 GTI
Give the guy a break - they are in Lebanon - he is excited about the mods, and I bet no one in Lebanon has done what they are doing. Go hate on some other thread...

Thnx for the back up man:rolleyes: , like I seriously don't get some of the members here , they are always trying to hate , for NOTHING:mad0259:

Anw , here in Lebanon , we always go to the dealer to get things done.. And you know the Overpriced dealers :yikes:.. The fact that we are so excited about this build is because we are doing it by ourselves for the first time , the primer the cutting the exhaust , EVERYTHING!

And its an amazing forum , so give us ur feedback and opinions:thumbup:

Vins25

Dump Valve 7000RPM
Car(s)
Golf 5 GTI
:word:

I don't like the headlights, but I've seen worse lol. Are you going to shave the reflectors off the rear bumper by chance?

Im gonna break those headlights tmrw morning:fighting0030: , so that everybody can sleep happy:happyanim:

As for the reflectors , I think my friend is gonna keep it as is , bur if u can get me a pic , it would be nice:headbang:

gti_mk5

Ready to race!
some people are major d-bags.. your better off not posting sometimes it makes me think there in it for the post count like boardsnow .. ill :fighting0030: u . lol
And for Vins goodluck im sub'd to see the final pics and goodluck being one of the few at Lebanon doing a conversion on your own :thumbsup:

b7a

Account closed
some people are major d-bags.. your better off not posting sometimes it makes me think there in it for the post count like boardsnow .. ill :fighting0030: u . lol
And for Vins goodluck im sub'd to see the final pics and goodluck being one of the few at Lebanon doing a conversion on your own :thumbsup:

I think it has more to do with the thread title.

"GTI To R32 Conversion - Build Thread"

The thread title is a bit misleading. The words conversion and build really make it seem like a lot more is going on than a bumper swap. Did you honestly read the thread title and think, "Oh, this person must be upgrading their front and rear bumpers."

Just trying to clarify...

gti_mk5

Ready to race!
actually yeah thats was my first thought but I understand what the confusion couldve been but nothing hovering over the thread title cant fix thats how i cheated into knowing what im going to read

djunited

Ready to race!
thread title is obvious imo. who have you seen here do a vr6 and haldex swap on a gti?

Vins25

Dump Valve 7000RPM
Car(s)
Golf 5 GTI
I think it looks good. The lights look like they belong on a camry but they at least upgrade the stock lights.

Thanks man!!:thumbup: , and x2 on the headlights:lol:

Vins25

Dump Valve 7000RPM
Car(s)
Golf 5 GTI

Thanks for all your support man!! Ill post pics as soon as I get them:w00t:

Vins25

Dump Valve 7000RPM
Car(s)
Golf 5 GTI
I think it has more to do with the thread title.

"GTI To R32 Conversion - Build Thread"

The thread title is a bit misleading. The words conversion and build really make it seem like a lot more is going on than a bumper swap. Did you honestly read the thread title and think, "Oh, this person must be upgrading their front and rear bumpers."

Just trying to clarify...

I guess ur right about the whole title thing , I'm sorry if I misled you in anyway:yikes:

Vins25

Dump Valve 7000RPM
Car(s)
Golf 5 GTI
Some Fixings

You know how a daily car is , few scratches here , a bump here , etc...

Well my friend decided to do some small body repairs so that the car would look clean and of course match the new painted front bumper..

Some pics:

Attachments

• IMG00025-20110509-1153.jpg
    IMG00025-20110509-1153.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 697
  • IMG00026-20110509-1153.jpg
    IMG00026-20110509-1153.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 697

Vins25

Dump Valve 7000RPM
Car(s)
Golf 5 GTI
Due to High Demands!!

Those old Headlights:barf: !!

Due To Large Demands , my friend got the OEM Xenon Headlights (2200 USD:eyebulge:) NEW!:thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG00037-20110510-2055.jpg
    IMG00037-20110510-2055.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 696

Vins25

Dump Valve 7000RPM
Car(s)
Golf 5 GTI
I guess they are pretty expensive , but here in Lebanon our Customs tax are pretty high:S! So if we ship them , they are gonna cost the same!

The rear bumper looks sweet man!! Im gonna send the pic to my friend!! I think hes gonna love it!! thnx man :D