GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Autobahn

gingabeard

Recently purchased my first brand new car and first VW. I'm absolutely loving it.
I'm wanting to add a few things to it this year. Window tint is a must. Love my dark windows. Exhaust. Lowering it. Cold air intake. Short shifter. Rims.
Would love to hear your suggestions and comments!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sportwagen SEL

Ready to race!
Congrats from a fellow autobahn owner!! I would recommend getting a 3" downpipe (or turboback exhaust) instead of just a catback exhaust as you'll get both a noticeable performance increase AND a much louder sound.

gingabeard

Thank you! I am loving it. It's nice to have a vehicle worth working on haha. I don't know a ton about cars other than how to drive them lol. But I am definitely trying to learn all I can.

gingabeard

Congrats from a fellow autobahn owner!! I would recommend getting a 3" downpipe (or turboback exhaust) instead of just a catback exhaust as you'll get both a noticeable performance increase AND a much louder sound.

Yeah I was looking at the turboback exhaust. More expensive but seems the better route to go in the long run.
I'm ready to start doing small things to it. Nothing major. Just a few tweaks to make it MY ride.
How are you liking your Autobahn? I'm so glad I went with the leather and all the bells and whistles.
What all do you have done to yours?

Sportwagen SEL

Ready to race!
Yeah I was looking at the turboback exhaust. More expensive but seems the better route to go in the long run.
I'm ready to start doing small things to it. Nothing major. Just a few tweaks to make it MY ride.
How are you liking your Autobahn? I'm so glad I went with the leather and all the bells and whistles.
What all do you have done to yours?

I absolutely love it. About a million things! Lol

Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps, front and rear emblem inserts, and license plate frame
Red ottenger side stripes
Multi color deautokey footwell LEDs
United Motorsport DSG tune
Bull-X catted downpipe
Injen evolution cold air intake
Enkei fujin 17" ultralight wheels
Continental extremecontact sport 225/45 tires
Carbon fiber vinyl wrapped interior door handles

OBD11 mods:

Deactivate Menu Lock while driving
Deactivate SoundActor
Disable Torque Limiter (tried at normal)
Change ESC button to ESC Sport/ESC Off
Keep XDS at Normal (tried Weak, Medium & Strong)
Flash footwell lights with turn signals
Enable Offroad Display
Change Steering Assist Characteristic Curve
Keep speedometer calibration normal (tried higher)
Show Gallons of Fuel Used
Enable ACC distance memory
Show fan speed on Auto A/C
Enable 4 different ACC modes
Change Tank Characteristic Curve to 4 (was 2)
Autolock car when leaving
Enable Daytime running lights in menu
Enable Auto daylight savings time
Disable North America lighting restrictions
Auto dip mirror
Brighten backup lights
Enable alarm
Enable drivings school mode
Calibrate fuel economy
Change cornering fog angle and on speed
Brighten blind spot lights

gingabeard

Holy shit man haha. It's really nice! love it.
You definitely made it your own ride. Where do you live?
I'm like the only GTI owner in my area haha

I absolutely love it. About a million things! Lol

Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps, front and rear emblem inserts, and license plate frame
Red ottenger side stripes
Multi color deautokey footwell LEDs
United Motorsport DSG tune
Bull-X catted downpipe
Injen evolution cold air intake
Enkei fujin 17" ultralight wheels
Continental extremecontact sport 225/45 tires
Carbon fiber vinyl wrapped interior door handles

OBD11 mods:

Deactivate Menu Lock while driving
Deactivate SoundActor
Disable Torque Limiter (tried at normal)
Change ESC button to ESC Sport/ESC Off
Keep XDS at Normal (tried Weak, Medium & Strong)
Flash footwell lights with turn signals
Enable Offroad Display
Change Steering Assist Characteristic Curve
Keep speedometer calibration normal (tried higher)
Show Gallons of Fuel Used
Enable ACC distance memory
Show fan speed on Auto A/C
Enable 4 different ACC modes
Change Tank Characteristic Curve to 4 (was 2)
Autolock car when leaving
Enable Daytime running lights in menu
Enable Auto daylight savings time
Disable North America lighting restrictions
Auto dip mirror
Brighten backup lights
Enable alarm
Enable drivings school mode
Calibrate fuel economy
Change cornering fog angle and on speed
Brighten blind spot lights

Sportwagen SEL

Ready to race!
Thanks!!! Haha yeah I've tried to do as much as I can within reason while still leaving room for more future improvements. :) I'm out in the SF Bay Area in CA. Wow that's crazy, out here there are GTI's everywhere!

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
First things you should do: OBDEleven/VCDS tweaks, dogbone insert, clutch stop, and clutch delay valve delete. Won't go at length because these things are discussed ad nauseum around here, but with inserts there's aluminum (OEM+ type effect) and polyurethane (more performance, more NVH).

Clutch delay valve is a fluid restriction on the stock clutch with a small plastic ring that can be removed to make the clutch pedal and clutch actuation in proper sync with one another (which is not the case in stock form). All <75$

Also, there's the clutch return spring which can be easily removed from the clutch pedal itself, which livens up the otherwise rather dead feeling clutch pedal.

gingabeard

Thanks!!! Haha yeah I've tried to do as much as I can within reason while still leaving room for more future improvements. :) I'm out in the SF Bay Area in CA. Wow that's crazy, out here there are GTI's everywhere!
Well you have no room to complain because you do live in the Bay ;) haha.
I want to make upgrades but I dont really want to fuck up the warranty on it

gingabeard

This was like reading a different language to me haha. But I will definitely be doing research so you don't have to explain everything barney style lol. Thanks for the advice!

First things you should do: OBDEleven/VCDS tweaks, dogbone insert, clutch stop, and clutch delay valve delete. Won't go at length because these things are discussed ad nauseum around here, but with inserts there's aluminum (OEM+ type effect) and polyurethane (more performance, more NVH).

Clutch delay valve is a fluid restriction on the stock clutch with a small plastic ring that can be removed to make the clutch pedal and clutch actuation in proper sync with one another (which is not the case in stock form). All <75$

Also, there's the clutch return spring which can be easily removed from the clutch pedal itself, which livens up the otherwise rather dead feeling clutch pedal.