GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf MK5 amp power wire install

neoass

Car(s)
Golf MK5
Iv just got a new shape VW Golf Mk5 2005 Manual

Can anyone help me as im planning on fitting my amp in the car and i cant seem to find a hole inside the car to the firewall to feed the amp 4awg power wire to the car battery?

Everything seems to be is coverd

Somebody said there is a gromet near the foot peddles where factory harness runs through,i cant see one.

Any one done a audio install in mk5 golf/rabbit help? Any one post a pic, will be a great help

Thanks
Hope to hear from sombody who knows:thumbup:

Last edited:

neoass

Car(s)
Golf MK5
Your not really meant to drill the firewall if you can avoid it. Did you drill one?

There should be access point somewhere

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
i got my amp fitted by a shop... :dunno:

SpecialFX

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
yes, there are factory blanks you can use, the cap just pops out if you push with your finger. reach up under the dash over the pedals. You will have to remove teh battery to get to it from the engine side

SpecialFX

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
oh yeah, and you will get more responses in the audio section of the forum

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
We drille dmine initially, had some issues, then used factory holes behind the pedals. There is a plastic guard you ened to unscrew, you will find the gromets by the foot AC vents... good luck i used 4 gauge wire, it was a SQUEEZE!

LittleCarp04

Passed Driver's Ed
i always just drill my holes in all the cars ive done, often, you can allow more dirt/water in by using a hole or not properly covering a hole back up, just dril one with a bit 1 size larger than your wire, shove a grommet in there, and make sure to loom all underhood wires to avoid shorting!

neoass

Car(s)
Golf MK5
Great i found that. Thanks for the helps guys

Im gonna run the 4awg wire to the back of the car. iv tried lifting the plastic door sill panels.
They dont seem to budge. iv noticed metal clips under that hold the plastic down

should i just give it a good yank? i dont wanna break the clips

with the amp wire in, will the panels fit back on

Last edited:

capulina

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
My GTI, duh!
yeah just pull up on them. they are pretty tight and seem like they wont lift, but trust me they will. i just did mine

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
Great i found that. Thanks for the helps guys

Im gonna run the 4awg wire to the back of the car. iv tried lifting the plastic door sill panels.
They dont seem to budge. iv noticed metal clips under that hold the plastic down

should i just give it a good yank? i dont wanna break the clips

with the amp wire in, will the panels fit back on

Thanks for the helps guys:thumbup:

YYAAANNKKKKKK.... i made my friend do it because i thought i would break them lol.

neoass

Car(s)
Golf MK5
i yanked the panels they have come off fine, good advice!

Last edited:

Sincity

Passed Driver's Ed
I routed mine (10 awg) above the pedals. Straight shot to the battery.:thumbsup:

Is 4 awg really necessary? Or is it marketing hype? Look at the wiring in your house. It isn't 4 awg. Unless there is a big difference in current handling between AC vs DC. My 220v spa line is certainly not 4 awg but probably like 14 awg.