GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

going k04, what else do i need?

GTI27

Ready to race!
hello, i spend most of my time on the forums reading and havent done much posting. i am looking to do the awe k04 kit at waterfest and was wondering what other mods you more knowledgable car guys might suggest.

i have an 08 tsi cbfa

current mods:

defi boodt gauge
forge twintake
42dd downpipe
ghl r32 catback

future mods:

awe ko4 kit
bsh motor/tranny mounts
h&r 24mm rsb
a catchcan (not sure which yet)
koni coilovers
eurojet fmic
hawk brake pads and some ss lines

thats all tah comes to mind now. i am also looking for some new wheels and tires. the roads around here are horrible and was debating on going from my 18" huffs to some sort of 17" wheel. what would you guys recommend for a bit more "spirited" driving?
all suggestions are welcome. thanks.

Last edited:

kevvve

TÜ MÄDR3
do you have an FSI or TSI engine?
keep an eye out for a boost gauge, injectors, hpfp if your going k04
tunes should be on sale at WF, if you dont have one

i see your in wayne, im always in wayne...for school and the gf lives there
and yes the roads suck big time, sometimes rreally bad with my 18s and H&R coils

65dunebuugy

insert custom title here
You can do your own K04 kit for less than $2300 thats turbo ($1150), injectors (~$230 ebay S3), tubing, gaskets, etc. If you are wanting i can send you the complete list if you send me a pm with your email

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
injectors and depending on eng. hpfp. and obviously tune

JoeyDaBomb

Go Kart Champion
No injectors or HPFP for you, just get the AWE kit that comes with the GIAC tune and a S3 intercooler and call it a day.

GTI27

Ready to race!
You can do your own K04 kit for less than $2300 thats turbo ($1150), injectors (~$230 ebay S3), tubing, gaskets, etc. If you are wanting i can send you the complete list if you send me a pm with your email

yea dude i saw a few people did this but thought that with the waterfest dicounts, the awe kit would be considerably less. even though the custom kid would still be cheaper i dont think id mind paying a bit more for the convenience of just ordering one kit from one place and having it all arrive at once. maybe thats just me though lol

GTI27

Ready to race!
sweet im there too for nursing i have another year to go, hit me up if you ever wanna meet up, like i said im always in wayne

as for your engine your fueling is good soo just go ahead and get the AWE kit.

good stuff man i know a few people in the nursing program. im in the sales program, this falls gonna be my last semester but ive lived in wayne my whole life. you go to any local meets?

Ryan Mills

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI, Tiguan
Since you have the TSI, you will need to get the AWE kit, the K04 turbo does bolt up to the TSI motor because the balance shafts stick out on that engine. AWE modifies the discharge of the turbo to make it fit. It's a complete kit, so you don't need anything else. I will say one thing. Even with the S3 intercooler, I do get a bit of heat soak on 85+ degree days, especially if I have the A/C on. Look into a front mount at the same time as the turbo, or the Twintercooler. If the APR intercooler is big enough, it might be just fine too, but it sits behid the condenser picking up it's heat when the A/C is on. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Looks like you have the twintercooler..... Should be good to go. Now just get a good lawyer.

Last edited:

GTI27

Ready to race!
Since you have the TSI, you will need to get the AWE kit, the K04 turbo does bolt up to the TSI motor because the balance shafts stick out on that engine. AWE modifies the discharge of the turbo to make it fit. It's a complete kit, so you don't need anything else. I will say one thing. Even with the S3 intercooler, I do get a bit of heat soak on 85+ degree days, especially if I have the A/C on. Look into a front mount at the same time as the turbo, or the Twintercooler. If the APR intercooler is big enough, it might be just fine too, but it sits behid the condenser picking up it's heat when the A/C is on. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Looks like you have the twintercooler..... Should be good to go. Now just get a good lawyer.

thanks man thats good to know. i have the forge twintake right now not the twintercooler. i was looking at getting the eurojet front mount intercooler. is there any difference between that and the s3 intercooler? should i choose one over the other or would either be fine?

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
No injectors or HPFP for you, just get the AWE kit that comes with the GIAC tune and a S3 intercooler and call it a day.
Excellent choice indeed!:thumbsup:

BTW, on a HOT 90 degrees day here... I have no problems with heat soak with my S3 FMIC and my mods.

Ryan Mills

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI, Tiguan
Oh twintake and not twin intercooler... I see the S3 intercooler sits in the stock location behind the A/C condenser. I'm beginning to doubt it's effectiveness. The Eurojet front mount might be a better route to take than the S3. It cost a bit more, but it should work better on those hot days. If money were no object, I would have gone for a good front mount or the twintercooler or the APR. the S3 is good, but with the K04 on hot days it doesn't cut it.

JoeyDaBomb

Go Kart Champion
Oh twintake and not twin intercooler... I see the S3 intercooler sits in the stock location behind the A/C condenser. I'm beginning to doubt it's effectiveness. The Eurojet front mount might be a better route to take than the S3. It cost a bit more, but it should work better on those hot days. If money were no object, I would have gone for a good front mount or the twintercooler or the APR. the S3 is good, but with the K04 on hot days it doesn't cut it.

EJ is switching their design to an OEM replacement style like the S3 so that should say something.

As for me, I have the EJ fmic and love it.