GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

giac sucks ...

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
its been almost 4 months, since i paid the giac dealer in vegas. and still no extreme tune. ... i was told by the giac reps on this forum that if i did rods on the car, i was gonna be able to run the tune. ... the giac dealer in vegas said he doesnt have such tune. but he was gonna custom build one for me. so far nothing ... i even talked to one of the internet reps. he said he was gonna talk to them. and still no tune ...

so my advice to you guys. go apr or revo ... giac has shitty ass customer service ...

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
Your signature says you have the GIAC K04 Extreme File? :iono:

I'd definitely ask for my money back. In fact, I'm surprised they asked you to pay anything upfront.

BobRenob

Passed Driver's Ed
I guess I can't speak to their costumer service because I never had any problems with mine. I'm in San Jose and there are quite a few shops that do GIAC. I'm really happy with my tune

aparcia

Ready to race!
Yah true, But the k04 tunes are always tricky, i have a friend that went Uni with his k04 file and he hates it, no tech support in our area

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
Your signature says you have the GIAC K04 Extreme File? :iono:

I'd definitely ask for my money back. In fact, I'm surprised they asked you to pay anything upfront.

yeah, i know. its been there since i did the rods ...

defense05

Ready to race!
It sounds like you just talked to forum reps and maybe their website chat? Have you actually tried to talk with them over the phone? Maybe its time to start threatening them? By the way, why didn't you just go Euroydyne if you wanted an "extreme" tune?

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
It sounds like you just talked to forum reps and maybe their website chat? Have you actually tried to talk with them over the phone? Maybe its time to start threatening them? By the way, why didn't you just go Euroydyne if you wanted an "extreme" tune?

I've actually called the local tuner a shitloa of times. But he never returns my calls. ... I dont think we have one of those in Vegas ...

Thomas@GIAC

Ready to race!
its been almost 4 months, since i paid the giac dealer in vegas. and still no extreme tune. ... i was told by the giac reps on this forum that if i did rods on the car, i was gonna be able to run the tune. ... the giac dealer in vegas said he doesnt have such tune. but he was gonna custom build one for me. so far nothing ... i even talked to one of the internet reps. he said he was gonna talk to them. and still no tune ...

so my advice to you guys. go apr or revo ... giac has shitty ass customer service ...

Send me an email to Thomas@giacusa.com and fill me in on the situation. I will make sure it gets resolved.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Sounds like the dealer in your area is weak sauce.
GIAC is the best IMHO.
I can understand your frustration.
They should be able to take care of this.