GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

gas going up to $4.00/gallon!

jdb4950

Drag Racing Champion
just to let you guys know that gas may end up at just $4.00 a gallon this summer...will that effect you get a gti or just keep driving the one you have?:eek:

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI
uh.. GTI's get a good gas mileage

and if it goes to 4$ a gallon

I'm going to kill someone.

Teknophreak

Rally Car Champion
It's not like it's an SUV. I can get 30 mpg highway and mid-20s in town. I'll drive less and maybe get on it a little less often, but no other changes.

Personally, I think it's a tough pill to swallow, but if it gets people thinking about ways to consume less and spur new technologies, I'm all for it.

Remember when everyone freaked out over $2.00 a gallon?? hahaha, the good ol' days...

trick000

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Highest Ive paid for 93 octane so far was 3.22/gallon . $41 bucks to fill up! And so far in the month of April, I've refilled 7 times. Yikes! Thankfully my company will end up reimbursing me for 75% of my gas expenses since most of the driving I do is work related. :)

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
yea i can remeber my dad paying 67 cents/gallon about 7 years ago in jersey when two gas stations had a price war...now jersey's lowest price is like 2.70 for regluar...all i can say is that we still have it better than most countries in the world.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
Teknophreak said:
It's not like it's an SUV. I can get 30 mpg highway and mid-20s in town. I'll drive less and maybe get on it a little less often, but no other changes.

Personally, I think it's a tough pill to swallow, but if it gets people thinking about ways to consume less and spur new technologies, I'm all for it.

Remember when everyone freaked out over $2.00 a gallon?? hahaha, the good ol' days...

haha i remember a few months ago it got back down to 1.80 in southwest va...i was flipping a shit! it's sad, coz 3.00/gallon is now going to be the new 1.00/gallon from now on...maybe even higher...

coolme187

Touring Car Champion
what sucks even more is that here in the capital area, ethanol is being added to the fuel.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Can the GTI's run on E83? I read in an article in Car and Driver that it takes 1.5 gallons of E83 to = the 1 MPG of regular unleded! So in theory we will need larger fuel tanks because of the decreas in travel distance. :thumbdown: