GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

G-Force Rival R1s

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
Can't really find any good review on the Internet about this r compound ... Does anyone have any experience with them? ...

I was also thinking of running the 255-40-17 with 17x9 wheels. I can't remember my offset. But it's in the mid 30s ... Do u guys think I'm gonna have issues fitting these tires? ... Would I need wider fenders?

My original plan was to fit hankook z214 c71 275-40-17. But it seems like I won't be able to fit them. Even with wider fenders, a lot of negative camber, and spacers ... So them i started thinking about the 265's. but I read 2 threads. Where the guys were rubbing their struts and had more understeer ... So 255 might be size I need ...

What do u guys think? ...

arj116

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 GTI DSG
The bfg r1 are great for competition use. A lot of my clinets from work are porsche club canada members who do lapping days. They love the bfg r1

Here is a list of my top selling tires for track.
1) michellin full slick
2) bfg r1
3) toyo proxes r888
4) hoosier r6
5) nitto nt01
6) mich pilot sport cup

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
Sorry, the r1s is supposed to be the autocross version ...

GTI_Speed

SteelCities SCCA AutoX
Car(s)
08 GTI
Sorry, the r1s is supposed to be the autocross version ...

I think you should be alright with the 255's in that offset. In the link below I have my fitment plugged into the first values and yours plugged into the second. You will see how my tire bows out a little bit more than yours and I fit with no issues whatsoever. I'm not at a stupid low ride height though. If you go any bigger you might run into some issues but probs nothing that cant be fixed with some spacers and ride height adjustments.

WillTheyFit GTISpeed vs Loucfur

Also, I've heard good things about the R1S, supposedly can go toe to toe with the A6, but they are effing pricey. Did you see Hankook has some new R Comp tire out now too? I haven't heard anything about it though and it looks to have a little bit of tread on it so I figure it's in the same range as the R888 and probs not as grippy as the A6 or R1S. Probably fun for track days though, I'm assuming thats what the TD stands for.

Ventus TD Z221

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
I clicked ur link. It seems it's gonna rub ... The other tire looks kool. But I don't think it would be competitive at an autoX event ...

miamirice

Ready to race!
Can't really find any good review on the Internet about this r compound ... Does anyone have any experience with them? ...

I was also thinking of running the 255-40-17 with 17x9 wheels. I can't remember my offset. But it's in the mid 30s ... Do u guys think I'm gonna have issues fitting these tires? ... Would I need wider fenders?

My original plan was to fit hankook z214 c71 275-40-17. But it seems like I won't be able to fit them. Even with wider fenders, a lot of negative camber, and spacers ... So them i started thinking about the 265's. but I read 2 threads. Where the guys were rubbing their struts and had more understeer ... So 255 might be size I need ...

What do u guys think? ...

Here is a decent review. You have to skip down the post to see what Emilio posted ( Emilio owns 949racing who builds miatas of all classes). Grassroots Motorsports has also run a few good reviews. The take home I got from their review was the Rivals tolerated more slip angle than direzza and RS-3. I have looked at a few cars at chumpcar after running a 14 hour race and wear pattern looked great.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3145555&highlight=Rival

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3145555&highlight=Rival

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
Thx ...

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
What wheels did you get???
I have been trying to find a set of 17x9 ET20-30 set of 5x112 wheels to stuff some 265 or 275 tires (I can haz 1552 fender flares).

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
What wheels did you get???
I have been trying to find a set of 17x9 ET20-30 set of 5x112 wheels to stuff some 265 or 275 tires (I can haz 1552 fender flares).

03-04 Cobra wheels are 17x9 ET26, they're not particularly light, but they're cheap. :thumbsup:

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Im picky I want wheels that are 20lbs or lighter :)
Thanks though!

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
I got them off a mini website. But they're like 25 lbs each ...

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
Team dynamics

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
About 2 months ...