GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

fuel pump prime relay

Stagea

could someone identify which of the relays in the pic is the fuel pump primer???? my car is not starting well with cold start. Pretty sure this is the issue

Attachments

• IMG_2084.JPG
    IMG_2084.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 8,837

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Shouldn't be one...everything is hooked up to the controller. Why are you looking for the relay?
I ask because a few months ago, I had a code for fuel pump relay. I didn't know where it was so I could replace it. I went to the dealership...and they gave me 8 different printouts of the fuse and relay diagrams for every production period before my production date to after. I went home and compared all 8 to my actual layout. They were all not even close to being similar with the one where my production date fell into wasn't even the closest match.

Anyway, I then found out that mine doesn't have a fuel pump relay...it is all in the controller over the fuel tank under the rear seat. I didn't replace the controller...I just cleared the code and never saw it again.

If you need a diagram...go ask your closest dealer for a print. Give them your production date that should be printed in the driver door opening and hopefully you'll have better luck.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
There's that ↑

Stagea

No sorry the mfd displays door open and closed when it's open and closed. That's not the problem. The only thing it can be is the relay I feel but not sure where it is.... thanks roh ect I have followed this but I can't test the relay as I'm unsure where the location is??? Under bonnet or in cabin. No 15a blown so think it's the other one.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Yes, I said you'll need a proper, to your production date, diagram to follow those steps as that post is for a MK4 R32. If you are lucky to be given a correct one that is. The dealer couldn't give one for mine as mentioned :(

Stagea

I think I will have no chance at vw handing over a wiring diagram to me. Here in oz they take ur money and expect you to smile while getting screwed. So may have to book it into Simone if I cant find the answer

Stagea

So is there another relay panel I am missing? The one in my pic is under the dash on the driver side, right hand drive vehicle? It says there is b and c

Last edited: