GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: Fortune Auto 510 Coilovers with Swift Springs (~5k miles) - $1800

hanb.1800

Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Great condition coilovers, only ran on my last car for around 5k miles total. These are digressive valved and great, high quality coilovers upgraded with Swift springs. Currently they are set with 8k springs in the front, and 10k in the rear, and they helped significantly both on launches as well as turn in response. The front and rear springs are the same size, so if you would rather switch to the more common softer rear setup that a lot of companies go for, you can throw the 10k springs on the front, and 8k springs on the rear.

These were custom ordered from Cygnus Performance to get the coloration seen, as normally Fortune Autos would be green and blue for the most part. However, if you ever need replacement parts, Fortune Auto is able to get you parts in these colors.

Full transparency on the condition - these are absolutely 100% in full functional and very very near new working condition. There are a few dings and scratches here and there, but nothing crazy. The only notable issue is the boot on one of the ball joints on one end link is torn. It does still have grease in it and moves smoothly, but I would recommend either getting a new ball joint, or using different end links. One rear spring perch is brand new due to losing the original one in moving, however it is exactly the same and from Fortune Auto. In the last week, I took them completely apart to clean and ensure all bolts and locking collars were easy to move and ready to go.

The only reason I'm selling them is because I sold the car that I originally put these on, and am looking to buy a home soon, so having the extra cash would be great.

I am happy to provide the receipt and documentation from Cygnus Performance of when these were built by Fortune Auto. I ordered them to be built on January 23rd, 2023. They then took ~3.5 months to be built, and they were then shipped to me on April 7th, 2023. New, these were $2,700 in 2023, and look to have gone up to $2,800 now.

At asking price, I will include free, fully insured shipping via UPS to anywhere in the lower 48. They will be shipped mostly taken apart and individually wrapped to ensure they arrive to you safely. If you happen to be near the Pittsburgh area, I will meet within ~1-1.5 hours of there, if you would prefer. Payment can be done via Paypal Goods & Services.

Attachments

• FA510_Cygnus.png
    FA510_Cygnus.png
    111.9 KB · Views: 195
  • PXL_20240303_215422717.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20240303_215422717.PORTRAIT.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 86
  • PXL_20240303_215337350.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20240303_215337350.PORTRAIT.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 72
  • PXL_20240303_215239940.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20240303_215239940.PORTRAIT.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 85
  • PXL_20240303_215131758.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20240303_215131758.PORTRAIT.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:

Jmitchell4873

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk8 GTI
I'll vouch for Cygnus/Fortune Auto.....top notch gear for sure.

I went with 8K front and 9K rear and it feels great for daily duties......TBD for track/autoX.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Running FA coilovers.....highly recommend and HQ is 45 min from my house. This is a great price.....

Jmitchell4873

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk8 GTI
Running FA coilovers.....highly recommend and HQ is 45 min from my house. This is a great price.....
I'm still confused as to why Fortune Auto doesn't have more precence in the Euro side.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I'm still confused as to why Fortune Auto doesn't have more precence in the Euro side.
as far as I can find.....on the euro side it's all word of mouth....

alexwilson94

Car(s)
2017 MK7 GTI SE
How's the comfort on these? I've got an a 2018 A3 as well, running ST X's which run pretty soft, but man these.. are tempting. Curious how much/if harsher these would be.. or if the quality of the shocks would balance things out a bit.

Jmitchell4873

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk8 GTI
How's the comfort on these? I've got an a 2018 A3 as well, running ST X's which run pretty soft, but man these.. are tempting. Curious how much/if harsher these would be.. or if the quality of the shocks would balance things out a bit.
I’ve been very impressed with my kit from Cygnus. I got the long travel option and dropped it 12-15mm so I’m not sure how it would feel if you wanted to dump it.

Only complaint so far is tracking down a small, low speed clunk in the rear, but I think it’s actually the RSB so I’m not going to blame it on the coilovers……yet.