GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: DriverGear Springs (4 Door) Barely used!

KenTX

No, Money Down!
SOLD: DriverGear Springs (4 Door) Barely used!

** SOLD ** SOLD ** SOLD **

4 Door VW DriverGear Springs (1K0-071-679) manufactured by Eibach (aka Votex Pro-Kit)
* $175 local pickup (Houston) / $200 shipped
* Fits 2006 - 2009 (4-Door) Golf, GTI, R32, Rabbit

Used for 1,500 miles / 9 months - springs are in excellent condition and ready to ship. My FTG (fender to ground) measurements were ~25.5" front and ~26" rear. More information and pics available from ECS here

Reason for Selling: Removed due to severe back issues. I need the softest, marshmallow like setup available, so I went back to OEM springs and Koni FSD struts.

Terms: Pricing is firm, shipped to continental US only. Payment via PayPal.

Thanks for looking!

Pics:

Last edited:

KenTX

No, Money Down!
do you know if theses will fit a mk6 GTI?

Yes they will fit, but the MK6 is lighter. I would find a reliable source for curb weight to see if there's a meaningful difference between MK5 and MK6. Also, check your current ride height (fender to ground) - 2007.5 and later GTIs came with lower springs from the factory.

Would love to sell these locally, but don't want to give you bad info. :thumbsup:

KenTX

No, Money Down!
It's hard to comment on ride quality, because the struts you choose are just as important as the spring itself. Ride quality is very subjective, and I'm jaded due to severe back issues. That said, I was not impressed with the DriverGear/FSD combo and don't think it's a well matched pair. (That combo was a shot in the dark, and it didn't work out for my needs.) The stock struts have heavier and linear damping, and would be a better match for the DriverGear spring. I suspect Koni Orange/Yellow would also work well if you're looking to firm things up.

For ride height, the easiest way to determine potential drop is to measure your current setup (fender to ground). You have an '08, so it came from the factory with lower/revised springs (vs the higher 06-07). When installed, I measured slightly less than ~25.5" in front and ~26" in the rear.

Mshawnbauer

Passed Driver's Ed
It's hard to comment on ride quality, because the struts you choose are just as important as the spring itself. Ride quality is very subjective, and I'm jaded due to severe back issues. That said, I was not impressed with the DriverGear/FSD combo and don't think it's a well matched pair. (That combo was a shot in the dark, and it didn't work out for my needs.) The stock struts have heavier and linear damping, and would be a better match for the DriverGear spring. I suspect Koni Orange/Yellow would also work well if you're looking to firm things up.

For ride height, the easiest way to determine potential drop is to measure your current setup (fender to ground). You have an '08, so it came from the factory with lower/revised springs (vs the higher 06-07). When installed, I measured slightly less than ~25.5" in front and ~26" in the rear.

Perfect, just what I was looking for. I realize it's tough to get reviews on suspension set ups, differing peoples comfort levels alone make it tough. I was just looking for an opinion. I have read similar to what your saying else where. Thank you!