GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Found a 2015, manual, with 102K on it.

1st Gen

Passed Driver's Ed
I test drove the car yesterday. Wed.
I gotta say, shifting this car was one of the most satisfying sensations ever. My old GTX swapped Protege had a fickle second gear that rained on every launch. Once in second, it pulled harder than the GTI, by far.

This car has a hungry second, and no mods. I can't wait.

1st Gen

Passed Driver's Ed
The car is in my driveway, finally. I bought it "as is", so I'm expecting to find some unhappy surprises. The first of which is only one key fob, with a low battery to boot. I don't know what the difference is exactly, whether it is the different generation, or the fact that it's a two door, but it's way faster than my MK6. Yea, I still have that one too.

1st Gen

Passed Driver's Ed
gti02.jpg
gti 01.jpg

I'll have better pics when I have more time. This is obviously still at the dealership. It's mine though.

1st Gen

Passed Driver's Ed
howIroll.jpg

How I roll these days.
There is no list of features in the paperwork, and the dealership has taken down their posting. If I remember correctly, it has a cooled glovebox, a suspension package, and a CD changer, ect. I just bought it for the metal post between the seats.
It came with one Key fob so I'm trying to get the dealership to use their sexay to get one from VW at cost. We'll see. It also had a ridiculous amount of faults stored. Those are gone now, and I'm happy to say that after two days, none have returned. It does have a lump in the idle that I recognize from my MK6. That is probably what prompted the previous owner to sell, and try and I might, no word of timing chain,. at all. Either it doesn't have one, or they really don't want to talk about it. This is where some good advice would sure come in handy. Should I proceed as if it needs to be done? 107K (or there abouts)

Last edited:

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
How I roll these days.
There is no list of features in the paperwork, and the dealership has taken down their posting. If I remember correctly, it has a cooled glovebox, a suspension package, and a CD changer, ect. I just bought it for the metal post between the seats.
It came with one Key fob so I'm trying to get the dealership to use their sexay to get one from VW at cost. We'll see. It also had a ridiculous amount of faults stored. Those are gone now, and I'm happy to say that after two days, none have returned. It does have a lump in the idle that I recognize from my MK6. That is probably what prompted the previous owner to sell, and try and I might, no word of timing chain,. at all. Either it doesn't have one, or they really don't want to talk about it. This is where some good advice would sure come in handy. Should I proceed as if it needs to be done? 107K (or there abouts)

Lump in the idle might indicate valves need cleaning. At 107K and (I'm assuming) no indication that it's been done previously, I'd get it done.

w/r/t timing chain: Since the engine is a revision of the EA888 and chains wear out, it's definitely still something to watch out for. There's likely a way to check cam phase adjust (or whatever) like in the mk6, to determine if it needs done. Google or Mk7 forum would know more