GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Flashing Check Engine

Machfive

Passed Driver's Ed
Its roughly -30 degree outside, the car wont start.. Going to parts shop and get a new battery. I manage to change it, the car start like a new one, yeeeeee!

I take the car for a drive, after 5-10mins the check engine start flashing and the engine start to buck, like if i were missing some gas and i ear alot of knock sound.. If i accelerate, its just do the same but faster..

I made it back home.. What's your guess about this guys?

Not to mention my rear wiper also died, i can easily do 360 degree with it -.-. Its my first winter with this car.. GTI 2007 with around 107 000km, dont know how much this is in miles..

I also bought a warranty when i got the car..

Envoyé de mon LG-D852 en utilisant Tapatalk

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Sounds like your rear wiper just needs to have the bolt tightened down again. As for the CEL, you will probably need to get the codes checked to see what it's telling you to help diagnose the issue(s). It sounds like a misfire.....could be a coilpack or spark plug, but could be something entirely different. Check codes.

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
107k km is about ~61k mi - it's roughly .6 mi to 1 km. So 100km is 60 mph roughly and so on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machfive

Passed Driver's Ed
107k km is about ~61k mi - it's roughly .6 mi to 1 km. So 100km is 60 mph roughly and so on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks mate!

I just ordered the mini EML327 bluetooth to you use with phone. I should get it tomorrow!

Tried to start it this morning, it was even worst than yesturday, i was sure the car would explode!

Machfive

Passed Driver's Ed
Its probally the coil pack, going to confirm this tonight.

Any suggestions on coil/spark remplacement for better quality?

Look at some DIY, didn't it was that simple to change coil and spark plug heh

joeavino

my 07 mkv wont start

hello in need of some help, so recently my car wouldnt start, it has 130k miles but was recently running great. i took it to a mechanic, turns out the timing belt was shreded. it was fixed and the car is still not starting. mechanic tells me my valuves are bent and we need to send the head off and repair it which will cost 2000$$$ my car is slammed on coilovers, wci rims, 3inch down pipe, ko4 turbo, stage 3 tune. should i sell it as is, part it out or fix it ???? helppp:readthethread:

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
That kinda depends on how much you already have in the car (did you do the upgrades or buy it like that?) and how much you want to keep it. If you really like the car and want to keep it, spend the money and get it fixed. Otherwise, you could part it out and sell it, but don't expect to get your money back entirely either way.

Why didn't you replace the timing belt sooner (or had it been replaced)?

m-ymk5

Machfive,

I think im having the same trouble with the rough start, here in toronto...

I ordered a new oem battery from the dealer and hopefully that will fix my cold start issue... it has only happened a few times to me when the car starts i get a flashing cel, after like 10 seconds it goes away... im assuming like you its probably a coil pack. Ive done the spark plugs so if it happens again im going to start replacing the coils. have you found a fix yet?

Machfive

Passed Driver's Ed
Machfive,

I think im having the same trouble with the rough start, here in toronto...

I ordered a new oem battery from the dealer and hopefully that will fix my cold start issue... it has only happened a few times to me when the car starts i get a flashing cel, after like 10 seconds it goes away... im assuming like you its probably a coil pack. Ive done the spark plugs so if it happens again im going to start replacing the coils. have you found a fix yet?
I'm heading back home right now, a friend of mine will bring his OBD2 with him. So i'll be fixed tonight, i'll lets you know buddy

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
You could try swapping the coilpack from 2 to another cylinder to see if the misfire follows, if it stays as a misfire on 2, it's probably the spark plug (or something else). Personally, I'd replace all the plugs/coilpacks and keep the ones that were working fine as spares in the garage.