GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fitment advice for new shoes

PD Crack

Ready to race!
Hey guys, I think I've found the rims I want. Problem is they are only available with a +40 offset. The wheels are 18x8 and
I'm planning on running H&R coils. She won't be completely dumped, probably about as low as the Race springs.

Is anyone running this size wheel? Are you having any rubbing issues? Obviously the rubbing factor would be determined by how much I drop it, but I'm a little worried about the offset.

I wouldn't mind if I had to trim/roll the fenders a little, or I could have a few mm machined off the rim to bring the offset to about 43mm.

What do you guys think?? Thanks in advance.

PD Crack

Ready to race!
K, I know I don't have a high post count and we're all sick of offset questions...
But... Is anyone out there running this size wheel. I'm just looking for someone with personal experience.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
a lot of people are running 18x8 alfs car is dropped pretty low but his et i think is like 46 or 48 and i dont think he rubs at all...

PD Crack

Ready to race!
Yeah... I'm not to worried about going with an 18x8 rim..It's the et 40 that concerns me. After much research and deliberation, I think I'm going to go for it. Hell, I can always sell them if they are not what I'm looking for.

Any body dropped on 18 x 8 et 40.....hello.... anybody?