GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fastest Lap Time at TMP Cayuga?

pomme de terre

Ready to race!
Car(s)
09 UG GTI, DSG
What's your full setup and what tires were you running for the day?

FastersBetter

Ready to race!
What's your full setup and what tires were you running for the day?

Everything you see in my signature is my full setup. I ran the Direzza Star Specs which are my daily summer tires.

Mariach

FIA F1 World Champ..to be
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI DSG
In may I turned a 1.27 with a passenger. That was on dead tires, and stage 1.

Not bad time for a k04, what have you dynoed?
Come around to idub.ca. its the Toronto site for Vag cars. We run meets and its a great community forum. It would be nice to have another track guy there.
Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

FastersBetter

Ready to race!
In may I turned a 1.27 with a passenger. That was on dead tires, and stage 1.

Not bad time for a k04, what have you dynoed?
Come around to idub.ca. its the Toronto site for Vag cars. We run meets and its a great community forum. It would be nice to have another track guy there.
Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Hey cool.. I'll check it out. I've only been on Cayuga twice but I'm hooked. 1.27 on a stage one car.. You must be a really good driver! Damn! What speed are you hitting on the front stretch? I haven't dynoed but my car should be between 375-390 BHP on the 100 oct file... Which I daily. My good friend, whos a kick ass driver, drove his MS3 (dynoes 315 WHP) got a 1.22 at cscs last summer. So I'm thinking my car "should be" capable of that with a more experienced driver?

Vento 3

Oettinger GLi
you kind of answer your own question, you only been to the track 2 times, lots of room for improvement.

try follow some good driver behind them and see what are you doing wrong, also, if you can mount a camera, that is also a good tool too...

*oops, didn't see your youtube video, you already have a camera

love going to track, but i can't go anymore

Camshaft82

Passed Driver's Ed
I was able to do a 1:27.5 at the final cscs event this year. Mods are in the sig except for stock springs and struts on Ecsta v710 near the end of their life.

I usually autocross and was only my second time attack and I know there was room for improvement but that is where I felt comfortable running. I was only out there for fun and experience.

FastersBetter

Ready to race!
what car was in front of you? the red one?

That was a Scion FRS.. Two guys spent the morning installing a set of coilovers at the track and then spent a couple hours testing. The straights were not long enough to take advantage of my top end plus that car handled like it was glued to the track! Watching the vid you can see he has really clean lines and obviously an experienced track driver.

FastersBetter

Ready to race!
I was able to do a 1:27.5 at the final cscs event this year. Mods are in the sig except for stock springs and struts on Ecsta v710 near the end of their life.

I usually autocross and was only my second time attack and I know there was room for improvement but that is where I felt comfortable running. I was only out there for fun and experience.

What is your speed before turn in at turn 1? I'm hitting 170 but I think if I can delay my turn in by ten meters I can straighten out faster to get more speed on the next straight. I'm also thinking I should turn off the traction control as its killing power through turn one and seven just before the chicane. Do you turn yours off?

FastersBetter

Ready to race!
.. lots of room for improvement...
love going to track, but i can't go anymore

Yeah thats for sure. I joined an arrive and drive go-kart league last year and I was seriously surprised about the learning curve and how much time could be made with fine tuning of entry, exit, braking, etc.. on a 15 HP go kart!

Why don't you track anymore?

Camshaft82

Passed Driver's Ed
What is your speed before turn in at turn 1? I'm hitting 170 but I think if I can delay my turn in by ten meters I can straighten out faster to get more speed on the next straight. I'm also thinking I should turn off the traction control as its killing power through turn one and seven just before the chicane. Do you turn yours off?

I have no idea what speed I'm hitting cause im only focused on my braking point and turn in line after I shift. I never have ESP on while im on a course because I use the lift off over stear on corner entry to get the car pointed in the right directionso i can get back on the gas sooner.

On turn one I always keep a tight line around the turn. If i was following a car that went a little wide I was right on his ass by the time the wheel was straight.

Once I install an LSD I could easily cut 2 sec off my time because I will be able to get the power down from mid corner instead of lighting up the inside tire.

another thing I have learned is that my car seems to like a late apex. I'm sure your car is the same.

Vento 3

Oettinger GLi
Yeah thats for sure. I joined an arrive and drive go-kart league last year and I was seriously surprised about the learning curve and how much time could be made with fine tuning of entry, exit, braking, etc.. on a 15 HP go kart!

Why don't you track anymore?

any links to that league? need your own go kart?

kids and wife factor = can't track anymore. :thumbdown:

Camshaft82

Passed Driver's Ed
^^ do a search for Goodwood gocarts and arive and drive and I'm sure you will find it. You use their carts so all u need is a helmet, gloves, coveralls, and a neckbrace. And the best part is they have carts for the kids too.

I ran this series for a season as well it can be quite fun.

Perhaps we should set up a track day next year... It would be nice to see some fellow GTI owners again... I miss my GTI.

I never really liked Cayuga... i thought it was a boring track... I did do 2:10 at Shannonville and 1:13 at Mosport DDT though with my Old gti..