GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Factory iPod Prep Information

Carn

Drag Racing Champion
For those of you interested here are the part numbers for the factory iPod preperation as is available in the EU when ordering the iPod prep with a new vehicle.

Part number : 1KO 857925A1QB is the shelf/tray section that has the ipod control electronics underneath and uses the same connection as a cd-changer. Part number : 1KO868003 is the small sleeve that clips into the tray and holds your ipod in the upright position as seen above. The tray assembly is an exact replacement for all centre armrest console that comes with the factory cd-changer. If you haven't got a factory cd-changer then you will need a cd-changer specific armrest console in order to fit this.

Hope that hepls some of you wanting to have a neat holder for your ipod without having to leave it in the glovebox or drinks holder.

Mezz

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for that. Do you know if this unit can be fitted to a car with no CD changer prep? I have a standard armrest with no CD changer.

Carn

Drag Racing Champion
Mezz as I said, if you don't have the cd-changer centre console then you will need to purchase one. I unfortunately don't have a part number for you.

AXX

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Hi Carn, thanks for the information.
The part no. of the tray is 1k0 857 925 or 1k0 857 925A1QB?

Is this accessories suitable for all Golf V equipped with 6cd changer in the armrest?Is it just remove the CD changer and then install the iPod tray, using the same cable connection?

Last edited:

Carn

Drag Racing Champion
1k0 857 925A1QB is the part number for the tray. As far as I know the whole setup will fit in any Mk V that has the cd-changer centre armrest. The cd-changer cable plugs into the bottom of the tray as far as I know.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
I ordered this and it should arive this week from Germany since the US dealers dont sell this part. I'll let you know if it will work (it should).

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Yes is does let you choose the playlist from the radio, and it uses the function of the steering wheels controls.