GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

European S3 K04 Turbo And Manifold

agrin2005

Livestrong
Car(s)
07 MKV Silver GTI
Ok so I have seen a lot of discussion about a S3 intercooler and I am sold on that one. but what about the European S3 K04 Turbo And Manifold? Any one done this one, Seems like a good idea like the S3 intercooler? Has anyone done this one?
I am looking for feed back.
Thanks and Happy New Year everyone.

dubbin

All in, All out..
Car(s)
09 GTI
Arin i got to ask, why the APR k04 is so much more then other standard k04 kits? i mean i see other tuning companies sell them for half that price with tuning.im just curious, this isnt a future mod an mayb a lil OT, maybe shed some light on it however. and from what else i understand, you (APR) wont provide software for other k04 kits if it isnt yours...

However back on topic i guess, the k04 would be a great upgrade OP LOL

agrin2005

Livestrong
Car(s)
07 MKV Silver GTI
Sound like a upgrade I need to put on the list.. first I will do the ECU to stage 1 (thinkAPR) then springs and shocks .. them crossed drilled brakes them S3 intercooler & Turbo.. but what else will I need to change at that point meaning if I do the S3 intercooler and Tubo will I need to upgrade the fuel pump and ECU?

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
yes you would need to upgrade your fuel pump, software, and injectors along with changing or adding several other smaller items. you can buy a kit from a major company like apr or awe which includes everything but you pay a premium (and get a warranty) or you can piece it all together little by little for quite a bit less. Just depends on what you want to do.

dubbin

All in, All out..
Car(s)
09 GTI
im not sure what your looking for as far as power OP but there is some cheaper routes to go for power rather then the k04, again im not saying its a bad idea, there is just other less technical ways to go, i.e stg 2 w/ water meth injection, that yields some pretty big gains.. i mean if you going all out, i would go the bsh route with their WOA kit :biggrin: thats just me though, and food for thought

agrin2005

Livestrong
Car(s)
07 MKV Silver GTI
This is what I was looking for great points of intel.. Thanks everyone for your input.

teamx

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 MKV GTi (DSG)
Agree with dubbin. You don't have to go K04 straight up. From what I can gather your car is still stock. Software will be a big improvement already, and you will enjoy the extra performance that offers, at a lot less then an K04 setup. You can still add a downpipe, intake, S3/Front mount intercooler and if you want to go that route, water/meth injection.

Those mods will add significant gains already, all of which will cost you round about (well locally anyway) the same as a K04 setup, as the K04 requires additional parts such as a DV relocation kit, S3 injectors and HPFP.

agrin2005

Livestrong
Car(s)
07 MKV Silver GTI
She is stock best as I know .. Got her back in Sep from Carmax.. I am just doing home work now.. So that I do not spent money twice. Looking to do the best stuff with what I have.. I was looking at Software as a 1st step. but I also have till 2011 on the factory warranty and do not want to mess that up. and I need to make sure I can stop and she can handle. But this is what I was looking for great intel and opinions.. thanks again.

dubbin

All in, All out..
Car(s)
09 GTI
no problem man,im all about giving my opinion:biggrin: i got to ask though,do you have a boost gauge? plenty of stories about ppl buying used ones and they are already chipped, wouldnt that be something, i would make that your first "mod" so to say, im sure im not alone in that statement. and if your under warranty an worried about the void, i not so sure k04 would be the way to go, i mean it is an oem upgradem an would be hard to tell you had it, but like i mentioned stg2 can be a very hidden upgrade as well...:thumbsup:

GoodFast08

Give it the beans!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Sound like a upgrade I need to put on the list.. first I will do the ECU to stage 1 (thinkAPR) then springs and shocks .. them crossed drilled brakes them S3 intercooler & Turbo.. but what else will I need to change at that point meaning if I do the S3 intercooler and Tubo will I need to upgrade the fuel pump and ECU?

Just FYI, you said you want to stop better, so I wouldnt buy drilled rotors there is a ton of discussion on here about them. One huge improvement is better pads though.

Poko

Ready to race!
k03 and k04 are really different , but if you have standard car i would get to stage 2 or 2+ first, see if that's enough and only than decide on a BT upgrade.

when deciding on the BT upgrade you should also consider your driving style and roads nature to decide if you want to take the k04 route or something like the apr stage III.

extremly big turbo's like the 3076 etc are for drag cars , not for sport cars.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Arin i got to ask, why the APR k04 is so much more then other standard k04 kits? i mean i see other tuning companies sell them for half that price with tuning.im just curious, this isnt a future mod an mayb a lil OT, maybe shed some light on it however. and from what else i understand, you (APR) wont provide software for other k04 kits if it isnt yours...

However back on topic i guess, the k04 would be a great upgrade OP LOL

We do provide software for any other kits, you just need to make sure you have the same hardware (turbo/injectors/hpfp). It's $699 for non APR customers and only $299 for APR customers. That's the sweetest deal in the market!

Our kit is more expensive than other kits because it's using more expensive parts and includes EVERY part you need. Nothing that should be replaced is reused. This is a 100% OEM kit. It comes with ALL OEM parts. If we made parts on our own, such as the DV reroute hardware, we could save money, however we chose to make a fully OEM kit. The kit is designed to be a 'stealthy' OEM style kit that is very hard to detect. Looking at the engine bay, it will look just like a stock vehicle. I'm sure those with warranties will be happy to go this route! We are also using more expensive injectors. The last time I checked pricing, S3 injector were more expensive than RS4 injectors. We use S3 injectors because they are properly designed for the 2.0T engine, perfectly matched to the K04, create OEM like drivability and don't smoke. Our kit is also more expensive because you can get it everywhere. You can get it at any of our nearly 300 APR dealers around the country. It's also a bit more expensive because we fully support the kit. You can call us any time and we'll give you a hand with any issues you may run into. Lastly, it includes the software and existing APR customers get a fully loaded ECU. The software is second to none in the marketplace in terms of smoothness and reliability.

dubbin

All in, All out..
Car(s)
09 GTI
We do provide software for any other kits, you just need to make sure you have the same hardware (turbo/injectors/hpfp). It's $699 for non APR customers and only $299 for APR customers. That's the sweetest deal in the market!

Our kit is more expensive than other kits because it's using more expensive parts and includes EVERY part you need. Nothing that should be replaced is reused. This is a 100% OEM kit. It comes with ALL OEM parts. If we made parts on our own, such as the DV reroute hardware, we could save money, however we chose to make a fully OEM kit. The kit is designed to be a 'stealthy' OEM style kit that is very hard to detect. Looking at the engine bay, it will look just like a stock vehicle. I'm sure those with warranties will be happy to go this route! We are also using more expensive injectors. The last time I checked pricing, S3 injector were more expensive than RS4 injectors. We use S3 injectors because they are properly designed for the 2.0T engine, perfectly matched to the K04, create OEM like drivability and don't smoke. Our kit is also more expensive because you can get it everywhere. You can get it at any of our nearly 300 APR dealers around the country. It's also a bit more expensive because we fully support the kit. You can call us any time and we'll give you a hand with any issues you may run into. Lastly, it includes the software and existing APR customers get a fully loaded ECU. The software is second to none in the marketplace in terms of smoothness and reliability.

That answers alot for me, actually, so TY Arin:thumbsup: I was under the assumption, cause i read, or appearantly misread somewhere, there would be no software from APR if it wasnt your APR kit. i know, like anything APR, its top knotch quality, and CS is amazing! Anyway, thanks for clearing that up for me Arin:wink:

Now as far as the OP, i would give the stg 2 file a go first, just to make sure if thats not enough power. ive ridden in an APR stg 2 car, an i gotta say, thats alot of fun, LOL, and i cannot wait! the car becomes quite beastly at this stage....

Viking445

Souless Day Walkin Ginger
You back yet dubbin? I'd love to stage a rematch with the nice cool weather we have now. Video if possible would rock!