GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine Recall

sneezier07

The original topic started at vortex.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3885236

The engine recall article.
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/11/volkswagen-recalls-2009-tiguan-2008-passat-and-wagon-for-engin

Now, it says that this engine surge recall affects 4,000 2008 Passats and 2009 Tiguans. Considering that some of us new GTI owners share the same engine, do you think it will affect us?

I will also pose the same question I asked in that thread. I believe my engine, labeled TSI, has a CBFA engine code. Are there any differences between CBFA and CCTA? If not, why the two codes?

Any Volkswagen techs want to confirm this?

Doctor7474

Ready to race!
Not an engine recall, its a control module recall.... big difference, I'd be pissed if they had to replace the engine in my brand new car, a module isn't near as big a deal.

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
In all honesty I wouldent have anything to worry about..... It may be the same engine sure but diffrent electrical components ... And the tsi fsi name change really dosent mean much either its just one of those things vw changed just like the ride hight in the 08 compared to earlier modles
Just like the chain timing belt in the 08's compared to "rubber" in the ealier modles

If the recall was for your car they would let you know and since the smart ppl at vw know its all the same engine I'm sure they also know it dosent have to do with our cars ...

sneezier07

Control module recall, not an engine recall. My mistake, big difference indeed. I just got worried a little too quickly. However, not official until someone at VW says it is, even for the Passat and Tiguan owners.

Nerdavison

Nerd with Speed addiction
Car(s)
07 GTI, 80 TR8
Don't think any in the US have yet. done a few of the recalls myself, R7. IT is just a re-flash on the E.C.M. Just know of it to apply to the Tiguans though. Ill have a look at the paperwork later in the week, but pretty sure not the GTIs