GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

engine cuts out and wont start

billywizz

Car(s)
golf and bmw
hi guys i have a mk5 gt tdi 2.0

starts fine then once its warm it cuts out and wont start. if i leave it for couple hours it starts again but again once warm cuts out again

i have changed:

fuel pump and relays
fuel filter
cam shaft sensor
crankshaft sensor

only fault codes are glowplug 4

any ideas please

thanks

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
There are no MK5 Golf GT TDIs here in the states. Since you have replaced its relays...and you've likely checked its fuse...you probably should confirm the tank pump is receiving power.

Or; it sounds like symptoms of a failing pump control module that snaps into the pump's access lid under the rear seat. When it gets hot, it shuts the engine off and will not start again until it has cooled. I would remove the rear seat and pop the module from the lid. Inspect it looking for melting on the housing of the box. Then leave the seat out and drive it as you would. When it shuts off again...carefully feel the module. If hot, try cooling it. How? I don't know, but be careful and creative. You may try finding more help from the UK MK5 forum; https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,3.0.html?PHPSESSID=86b05fnhm2n7ma99llihb4e662

GTI@UAE

Passed Driver's Ed
Did you end up figuring what was the problem?

TricycleOfDeath

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI MK7
hi guys i have a mk5 gt tdi 2.0

starts fine then once its warm it cuts out and wont start. if i leave it for couple hours it starts again but again once warm cuts out again

i have changed:

fuel pump and relays
fuel filter
cam shaft sensor
crankshaft sensor

only fault codes are glowplug 4

any ideas please

thanks
Mileage, when you bought it, how long you've been noticing this issue, what type of scanner technology you're using, etc, etc, all helps. Your limited description of the problem isn't going to get you a lot of help.