GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Emissions help!!

thecotto

Car(s)
GTI
So I have a catless dp with a magnaflow muffler, and I got the CEL after it was installed. Mind you, I got Stage1 APR chip the year before hand without any CEL. I "reset" the CEL a couple times already with v202 diagnostic checker, and after a couple days, it would come back on. I even installed the 42dd o2 spacer yesterday, reset the CEL, and it came back on like a cold sore. I honestly don't know what to do anymore. I need help and advice!!!:bow::bow::bow:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
So I have a catless dp with a magnaflow muffler, and I got the CEL after it was installed. Mind you, I got Stage1 APR chip the year before hand without any CEL. I "reset" the CEL a couple times already with v202 diagnostic checker, and after a couple days, it would come back on. I even installed the 42dd o2 spacer yesterday, reset the CEL, and it came back on like a cold sore. I honestly don't know what to do anymore. I need help and advice!!!:bow::bow::bow:

You did put the spacer on the O2 sensor furthest away from the motor, correct?

jdv23

I think you need apr stage 2 (for cars with full turbo back exhaust). It has a test pipe file. Should only be like $50 to upgrade

dave80

Go Kart Champion
Test pipe file won't pass Illinois emissions test. All of your readiness codes have to pass.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
You didn't mention that you were CBFA.

You will need to go with spacers that have inserts probably so you can adjust the amount of exhaust going to each of the spaced sensors. Rai J spacers or some folks have used and insert of some sort they can drill out. Rai J makes a straight of J shaped spacer with 3 inserts. I think that is what folks have had the most success with but I am just reciting what I have read not what I have experience with.

Link to RAI J spacer

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Just making sure, but did you actually pull any codes and make sure your getting the below threshold code? Only asking because I recently put in a TBE and almost immediately got the p0420. I cleared it a couple times and then when I rechecked, I saw I was also getting one for front o2 stuck rich. I took it out, cleaned it off, put it back and it hasn't come back on.

Boosty

Ready to race!
Test pipe file won't pass Illinois emissions test. All of your readiness codes have to pass.

I could be wrong but doesn't the test pipe file fool the ecu into thinking it has a working sensor ? Like I said I could be wrong
But my stage 2 file through DM included the test pipe and everything is fine in terms of readiness codes ( aside from my pre cat 02 which has failed on me)