GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eibach Springies!

Accel

Rally Car Champion
As I said before, I got them straight from Eibach, installed by Eibach's R&D department, they were using my car for fitment testing. I dont think the sportlines are avaliable for retail sale yet, even the box they gave me with my old springs in them was a pro-kit box.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
I was told by my dealer that they weren't available yet. He may be a little behind, but he also called and spoke with a DriverGear rep and they said there spring catalog should be coming out in April and they may or may not have the ones in there that drop your car an inch that were provided before by Eibach and covered under warranty. I guess I must remain patient.

NewYorkMike

So hot right now. . .
whats the news on the Pro Kits? I want to see pics and prices...anyone heard anyhting yet? LIMEY?

Lellobeetle

Go Kart Newbie
I bought the Pro Kit from Discount Tire for 200 on eBay. I'm having them, the 25mm Neuspeed rear swaybar and APR Stage I software put on in two days (Thursday) at my APR dealer. I didn't want too much of a drop because of having to mess with the self-leveling HIDs and so forth. I'll post after I get the car back.

onthevirg

Oval Champion
Be cool to see some pics of the Pro-Kit, that's what I'm leaning towards going with. Might be worth waiting another month though too to see what DriverGear finally releases. Suprised they've waited this long to get em out there, they had to know that a ton of people would be clamoring for these.

NewYorkMike

So hot right now. . .
Lellobeetle said:
I bought the Pro Kit from Discount Tire for 200 on eBay. I'm having them, the 25mm Neuspeed rear swaybar and APR Stage I software put on in two days (Thursday) at my APR dealer. I didn't want too much of a drop because of having to mess with the self-leveling HIDs and so forth. I'll post after I get the car back.

Sweet, i can;t wait to see that!!! :thumbsup:

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
onthevirg said:
Be cool to see some pics of the Pro-Kit, that's what I'm leaning towards going with. Might be worth waiting another month though too to see what DriverGear finally releases. Suprised they've waited this long to get em out there, they had to know that a ton of people would be clamoring for these.

DriveGear will have the same exact Eibach pro-kit for a more expensive price. That's what they have on there now for the MK4. My pro-kit will be arriving in a couple days. But i'm going to wait a couple weeks to put it on....want to get the dampers worked in a little before i squat them.

:headbang:

Lellobeetle

Go Kart Newbie
Here are the before and after pictures I took today with the stock springs and then after the Eibach Pro kit springs were installed.

Before (click thumbnail for larger picture):

After:

In the after picture I was parked in front of my house and there's a slight slope in the pavement going towards the curb, so I think the car was listing just a hair toward the curb - making the wheel gap a hair more.

Anyway, it's not a dramatic drop at all, which is what I wanted. I just wanted a bit firmer ride and improved cornering ability.

I'm going to return to the gas station this Saturday where I took the before picture and take the after picture in the same location so I can get a better comparison.

The Neuspeed rear swaybar so far doesn't feel much different from the stock rear swaybar. There's so many straight roads in Houston it's sometimes tough to get a feeling. But I can report that when I put the 28mm Neuspeed rear swaybar on my 20th Anniversary Edition GTI it was a MARKED difference that I immediately noticed when taking a curve or corner.

I inspected the stock swaybar and it looks plenty beefy. I'm not certain there's much to be gained by going from the stock RSB to the Neispeed 25mm RSB.

The APR software is just as great as the APR software I had on the 20th - even better, I believe. My opinion is that it's much more linear than 93 octane program on my 1.8T. It's uch smoother, but still a kick in the pants. Not nearly as much torque steer as my 20th with 93 octane program. I can chirp the tires in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. And, it has almost immediate power with only throttle input in 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th. I could pass someone on the freeway in 6th without downshifting. Highend power was much better than my 1.8T 20th.

Those are my initial thoughts & report. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
It looks better, just hard to tell on a black car how much drop is present. Try to get some close-ups of the gap.... I'm going with Pro-Kit too, just gonna run in the dampers for a week or 2.

NewYorkMike

So hot right now. . .
do this for me...i measured my wheel gap with those same wheels and came up with about 3.25" can you measure from the top of the tire to the highest point on the wheel arch?

I know its silly but i have a shot of my car where i am almost perfectly level and i have it set so i can calculate the drop and ps to look that way.

can you do this?

btw...nice ride!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lellobeetle

Go Kart Newbie
Hmm - my husband was nice enough to go out and measure for me. He said it's 2.25" from the top of tire to top of wheel arch in the rear. It's 2.0" from top of tire to top of wheel in the front. I was hoping it would be a bit more, but I only have 1k miles on the car so it could settle in a bit more.

NewYorkMike

So hot right now. . .
excellent! thank you (and your husband) very much! though not numerically, but optically thats about half the wheel gap gone...not sure how much more they will settle... 1/8th inch maybe?

I thinking this may indeed be the way to go!