GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ED30 DSG vs TT 2.0 TFSI & Civic Type R EP3

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
I'll start with a chase I had with the TT. It was lowered and had 2 side exhausts that looked identical to TTRS, large, oval shaped tips. Other than that he was alone while I had my girl. So I'm cruising at 60 mph and see the TT in front. Trying to get him to race, I'm changing lanes and go half throttle, at first, then WOT. He definitely went WOT as well but only after I was already creeping away, but now I have his full attention. There's some traffic ahead, so he's now tailgating me. I wait patiently until traffic clears (I don't do weaving) and few seconds later we find plenty of space ahead. I look to my back he's right there tailgating me, so I downshift into 2nd doing about 40 mph and go WOT. Couple seconds later I look to my back and he's still right there which means he was prepared for it and didn't fall back because of reaction disadvantage. There was no disadvantage. So into 3rd he's still on my tail, by now I'm sure he's S-tronic since DSG didn't earn me anything. Around the top of 3rd I'm starting to creep away a little bit, into 4th I'm pulling harder and into 5th pulling like a freight train. Shut down at 120 mph and I won by a bus length. We didn't talk but he had to be stage 2+ and as we all know, K03 puts a good fight up until triple digits, after that K04 shines.

The 2001+ Civic was supercharged, we never talked but evidently that particular car is popular in the area, so I found out it's anywhere from 290 to 300 hp. 2nd gear roll, spun tires etc., into 3rd DSG earns me half a car, whole 3rd I'm struggling to creep away, into 4th DSG talks again and top of 4th I'm about 1.5 cars ahead, into 5th I'm 2 cars ahead and I get another half a car by almost 140 mph. Won by 2.5 cars. More or less I'd say I was putting him half a car instantly per gear change and another half a car throughout each gear. I'm pretty sure the guy never saw that coming.