GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ED30 DSG vs RX8 turbo'ed

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
From a dead stop, more than 1/4 mile of uphill straight line.

Lots of wheelspin from the RX8, while hitting his rev limiter and I hear his blow off in 1st and 2nd gear he loses his rear a bit, 3rd gear I'm 2 cars ahead (1 gap in between), 4th gear 1 more car, 5th gear I'm around 5 cars ahead (4 in between) and he gave up at 210 km/h with me winning by a bit over 5 cars.

Btw I have reasonable suspicions after having raced a few friends with similar specs as my car and seeing the results that mine isn't just 330 bhp and probably not even 340 but more like somewhere near 350. I will know for sure in November when I finally dyno my car before I go stage 2. Till then I still claim 330 and nobody believes watching how the car pulls.

Other friends' cars I've raced recently are an EVO VIII with intake, exhaust, cooler, couple other shit and a light tune, hence making only 355 bhp. With this guy I'm about 1-2 cars faster in the 1/4 from any roll. Also a Peugeot 207 Rallye with a BT setup 323 bhp and his car weighs around 100 kg less. I pull harder down low and he keeps up even up top. So.. we'll have to wait for the dyno but after everything I've seen nothing will surprise me. :smile:

Garrett114

Nice kill

K03

Ridiculous.
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
I wish they sold the ED30 in the US.. such epic cars

Viking445

Souless Day Walkin Ginger
No kidding. We ALWAYS get the shaft when it comes to cool cars. Europe and Japan always cooler shit no matter what we have.

TSiUG

sleeper...

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
Is that why gas is relatively cheap and the cars cost less than where they are made?

That's a lot of truth right there.

DarkX

Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
You guys... I'd give anything to be able to buy one of those muscle cars like a zr1 or a z06, a gt500 or a camaro at the price available in the US. And I so much love muscle that's it that's where I am, but I won't deny that ED30 is indeed a pretty much complete package, a quick grocery getter that you can load with bags and on your way back home rape a few cars and basically you get more than you pay for because total price to convert a GTI to an ED30 engine wise, handling, visually and equipment is like x5 the extra money you have to spend to buy an ED30 instead. That's it that's what makes it so special but other than that we all know it's still a 4 banger.

I guess grass is always greener at the other side isn't it? But for real, I know that you guys also prefer muscle over our GTI's but that car is so cheap over there that almost anyone can have one, so I don't blame you. GTI is about 35k euros over here, my ED30 was 39k in 2007. Fucking taxes...

Vwgtivw

Ready to race!
From a dead stop, more than 1/4 mile of uphill straight line.

Lots of wheelspin from the RX8, while hitting his rev limiter and I hear his blow off in 1st and 2nd gear he loses his rear a bit, 3rd gear I'm 2 cars ahead (1 gap in between), 4th gear 1 more car, 5th gear I'm around 5 cars ahead (4 in between) and he gave up at 210 km/h with me winning by a bit over 5 cars.

Btw I have reasonable suspicions after having raced a few friends with similar specs as my car and seeing the results that mine isn't just 330 bhp and probably not even 340 but more like somewhere near 350. I will know for sure in November when I finally dyno my car before I go stage 2. Till then I still claim 330 and nobody believes watching how the car pulls.

Other friends' cars I've raced recently are an EVO VIII with intake, exhaust, cooler, couple other shit and a light tune, hence making only 355 bhp. With this guy I'm about 1-2 cars faster in the 1/4 from any roll. Also a Peugeot 207 Rallye with a BT setup 323 bhp and his car weighs around 100 kg less. I pull harder down low and he keeps up even up top. So.. we'll have to wait for the dyno but after everything I've seen nothing will surprise me. :smile:

Your car is fast darkx I've actually been thoroughly timing people's 60-100 times and yours falls quite low with an average of 5.1. Most k04 users with tunes in the US are averaging 5.8-6.0. I know your also on an aggressive revo setting as well since your fuel octane in your country is great, im running a US spec revo k04 file and my average times are 5.2-5.3 so not too bad, will be better with water meth. Anyways keep it up I'm sure your car will dyno easy 310 whp

VW_gti_09

Ready to race!
Car(s)
09 vw canywhite gti
No kidding. We ALWAYS get the shaft when it comes to cool cars. Europe and Japan always cooler shit no matter what we have.
this is true...

Is that why gas is relatively cheap and the cars cost less than where they are made?

but this is also true:clap: eh i guess you when some and loose some eh?

DarkX

Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
Your car is fast darkx I've actually been thoroughly timing people's 60-100 times and yours falls quite low with an average of 5.1. Most k04 users with tunes in the US are averaging 5.8-6.0. I know your also on an aggressive revo setting as well since your fuel octane in your country is great, im running a US spec revo k04 file and my average times are 5.2-5.3 so not too bad, will be better with water meth. Anyways keep it up I'm sure your car will dyno easy 310 whp
Thanks mate yeah actually after stage 2 and the pump I plan to finish my K04 setup with w/m. Vegas planted the idea in my head at first I was like nah don't need it but searched around and it actually looks a pretty good mod for a bit more timing advance.

Also plan to buy a boost controller adjustable on the fly so I can do ideal LC with 1 bar to keep from excessive spinning and then push a button and unleash the terror. That little thing is gonna cost though, but this is serious shit. My new tires are really out of this world but that's still 450nm in the front wheels and Michelin says in order to get optimal grip with these tires you've got to have them at 100C temperature, pretty damn unreal for street use unless I want to gather all the freakin PD around me. So my tires paired with one of those boost controllers will be the shit! :thumbsup: