GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG behavior

samuelboudreaux

this sounds normal to me, DSG tends to be very jerky around city driving especially when you try to inch forwards in traffic, putting little load on the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zayayoung

Found it. Here is the thread: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...-DSG-Game-and-Win-DSG-Driving-Tips-and-Tricks

I love this.. The dsg and its "wtf moments"
This thread was perfect and learned me to drive the dsg better as a first timer on dsg which i at first thought was about to go defect...

Thanks for the link! Random question: if you're driving in manual mode and come up on a light, can I come to a complete stop in any gear? I would assume since its an automated manual, it would just "put the clutch in" but I'm scared to stall it if I try.

fungist

Passed Driver's Ed
Even in manual as you slow down the car will automaticly shifts down to a gear for your current speed. I dont mean it will mess up anything for you driving manual mode cause lets say you are in 4th gear but you will have to go real slow for the car to shoft down. Lets say 4th gear and you slow down to 10-20kmh and it will downshift for you. On a complete stop you just stand on your brakes. The car will downshift automaticly to first gear and you dont even have to think about it. Thats why i never downshift manually on dsg. I only do it if the intention is to accelerate fast when cruising in high gear.