GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver Motorsport Stage 2+ WMI review

brokenparts

Go Kart Champion
I also contacted dotuning. I think they are extremely knowledgeable and good people but I too think that the lack of information from them is what ultimately lead me to DM. As far as I know, DM is a full time business devoted to VWs. I like the website, the emails, hardware, and the answers I got when speaking with them.

Dotuning has been great for a lot of people and nothing should be taken away from them but I just felt that I was getting a more complete product with Driver Motorsport.

kakluote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT K04
btw: stage 2+ here , do u mean k03 stage 2+ or upgraded K04?

different tunner named it different...

brokenparts

Go Kart Champion
sorry... I'm still k03 stage 2+ with a water/methanol file. Honestly... I cant even imagine the k04 wmi file. I'm nearly tempted to sell off my f23t now as the power from this file is pretty satisfying.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Don't fool yourself - you know that is only temporary. Who doesn't want more?

. I'm nearly tempted to sell off my f23t now as the power from this file is pretty satisfying.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
I'm nearly tempted to sell off my f23t now as the power from this file is pretty satisfying.

brokenparts

Go Kart Champion

we'll see. I'm battling a slipping clutch. Damn you South Bend. I have some graphs to post here in a sec (I went and data logged at lunch today). I think even with my clutch slip issue (you can see it slipping by the n75) that my gut feeling of it being faster and "meatier" are correct.

Give me a few mins and I'll post the graphs...

brokenparts

Go Kart Champion
Really wish the clutch issue wasnt there but even with the clutch issue... these are impressive. Nearly sucked down 200 g/s.

Car(s)
Subaru
Man, I wish I could get my car flashed back to stock. I stopped by vw and they told me it would cost $100 0_0

I'm going to try dubwerx maybe sometime next week

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Man, I wish I could get my car flashed back to stock. I stopped by vw and they told me it would cost $100 0_0

I'm going to try dubwerx maybe sometime next week

Holy shit.. A shop near my house did it for free, except I made him take 40 bucks

Tapatalkin

Ony

Ready to race!
You forgot the fact that it's FREE :thumbsup:

How is it free? Can you explain? You pay for controller essential with the 2+ tune and what DM sends you FT file for free when you need it?

Or did you mean free and in no labor cost? Lol

brokenparts

Go Kart Champion
You pay the difference in the price of tunes but you don't have to pay or make an appt to flash in the new tune (you do it with the programmer in your driveway). You can also pay for custom tuning for hardware upgrades...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk now Free

07GTI-2.0T

Go Kart Champion
Theoretically if u were local and didn't need the flash loader (or mailed you ECU) the tune should be several hundred bucks cheaper. Powergates aren't cheap retail (maybe for tuners it is). I couldn't find an American price but they are pricy in Europe. You'd need to be flashed about six times to make up the cost of a PG but that being said it's awful nice to be sent files via email, flash at your convenience and cut out the middle man.
As for removing the old tune I just asked my APR dealer to take it off and it cost nothing (although being the same shop that installed my timing belt, intercooler, DP, radiator and turbo might have something to do with that lol)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

kakluote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT K04
Really wish the clutch issue wasnt there but even with the clutch issue... these are impressive. Nearly sucked down 200 g/s.

it is definitily not apr stg 2+ log. not apple to apple comparsion.

apr stg 2+ can hit 1.5 bar i am sure of that. it is more like apr stg 2 tune