GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Door Squeak?

Jerome81

Autocross Newbie
I've noticed this on my car, as well as a friend's 2007 A4...so maybe its a common VW/Audi thing.

Anyway, it seems that as I drive and the chassis flexes (so over undulating pavement especially) it sounds as if the door is moving up and down and creating a little rubbing sound.

Anyone else have this? Is it the door or the door window glass? Any solutions?

It is not an enormous deal, I just don't like it.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
Sorry to say but you drive a VW... it is going to rattle and squeak and there is almost NOTHING you can do to eliminate every one of these noises. My GTI makes all sorts of rattles I don't care for, but I just learn to live with em.

Dredknut

DSG Fart Fanatic
Car(s)
2007 GTI
^ I had this random squeak in my interior that was sriving me mad for the past few weeks... I was randomly pushing and hitting parts of the interior to see if I could pinpoint the location. I push down on the center console and I hear this "click" noise and voila! squeaking gone.

Thats my addition to this thread.

ArmoGTI

Ready to race!
my door seals make a rubbing noise over speed bumps or bumpy roads if it's cold out.. i think it's the exact thing you are talking about.

It's a VW thing, I don't bother with it because it's only cold enough a few months of the year here.

Slater

FaNaTTicK
Car(s)
08 GTI MKV
i had this problem in a mitshubishi i had.. just a lil WD-40 on the hinge in the door and all was good as new

GLIJets

Ready to race!
I have had various interior squeaks and rattles. I hate it, but it seems to only happen in the cold weather. I also hate that it seems to be a "VW" thing which makes me not really want to purchase another one. If you pay $25-30K for a car it should be put together better IMO. I didn't have as many noises in my last vehicle and it was a heavily modded Jeep!!

MKV_B00ST

Ready to race!
Car(s)
gti mkv
my driver door started squeaking a couple months ago and the sensor wheel thing that detects if the door is open i guess is either stuck or not as loose as it should be and therefore doesnt work,easy fix just been very lazy about it

HemiAlex

Ready to race!
Now I need to find the rattle somewhere around the passenger side of the car. Its very noticeable with the stereo off and it stays constant no matter what the speed.

GTI.

E
Car(s)
07 GTI
Sorry to say but you drive a VW... it is going to rattle and squeak and there is almost NOTHING you can do to eliminate every one of these noises. My GTI makes all sorts of rattles I don't care for, but I just learn to live with em.

Yeah, coming from a 07Passat I noticed my GTI squeaks like a mofucka. I don't mind it much since it's a hooked up hatch and I just love driving it, but I deff noticed it.

Slater

FaNaTTicK
Car(s)
08 GTI MKV
I dun know i have the autobahn package with the entire leather interior and its completely well built no sqeeks or noises and extremly well put together.. is it the cloth interior that is not so good?