GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DONE! Bought a GTI, and to my surprise ...

dvdre

Where is pancakes house?
I finally settled on a new GTI over a used Audi A3, partly because it was impossible to find a used A3.

Also, I kept looking at that weight to horsepower ratio: 15.8 for the GTI vs. 16.5 for the Audi. Lower weight means better gas mileage, too. And I am amazed by the GTI's cavernous interior, versus the more cozy A3. (But I still love A3s, very nice car.)

But here is the surprise ...

I went to the dealer to test drive a United Gray GTI with Autobahn package. It had a manual but I wanted automatic, which they said they could get. They let me take a looooonngggg test drive, by myself. The dealer won points right there.

It was the first time I had seen the leather seats, which I had thought was a must. But you know what? I didn't like the leather! Not as much as I like the cloth. Very, very weird, but I like the feel and even the look of the plaid cloth. The cloth seat is actually a little more cozy, and definitely cooler.

So I got ...

United Gray
4-door
DSG
sunroof
cloth
rubber mats

MRSP was something like $26,025.

Invoice was $24,327 and they sold it to me for $24,550, before sales taxes ($556) and $71 title fee. That is calculated using the CarMax price for my BMW (they gave me $500 more, but I figure that was just a discount on the GTI).

I know they probably get a better price than invoice, but still, it seems like a pretty good deal. They claimed they really wanted a another May sale and I was there until closing time working it.

I pick it up Monday or Tuesday!

radiohead1075

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I initially wanted leather too, but then I liked the look of the plaid seats so much I went with the cloth. Congrats on your purchase.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Congrats!

I liked the leather best... it's just a different feel for me, especially in the lumbar region.

Raddicted

Perfectly insane
Many congrats on the new GTI. The Interlagos is awesome and I wish I could get it on my R.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Man I wish that GTI pricing was the same up here in Canada. Could of gotten a GTI instead of my Rabbit. Oh well, still enjoying the Rabbit.

Congrats on the new car.

Msteadman

Go Kart Champion
Sweet, congrats!
I personally prefer the leather over cloth more because of the difference in how the former seat is shaped, BUT the GTI is one of the few cars I'd even consider cloth on. The Interlagos has a very cool look. Also sounds like quite a good deal you were able to work out. :thumbsup:

TheVibe

If you move.. you're OK
Congrats. I wanted the upgraded stereo with the plaid but at the time during the 0% apr nothing was available in Chicagoland. So I have my first leather interior...let see how I feel with the heat and humidity